“Good Noshing”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours
Description: Destination Fries, Great Food
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I went for a weekday lunch recently with a friend to celebrate our recent birthdays. I had not been here in at least a year. We arrived on the early end of the lunch hour. The restaurant was steady but not busy. We were greeted straight away and settled at our table, whereupon our waitress promptly arrived and took our drink order. Though one of us had to face the wall, it is actually a large, long window which looks out onto Oak Street- and it was nice and sunny outside. The room is a bit cavernous and not especially quiet, but the atmosphere was pleasant.

I had a refreshing lemonade for a beverage. We each ordered French fries, which are among the best you can get in Portland: she: the salt and vinegar dusted fries, and myself: the bacon dusted fries, complete with dipping sauces; in a word: yummy. For our main meal my friend ordered the Nosh Burger (minus fried egg, usually included) and I had the meatloaf sandwich. She really enjoyed her burger and I liked my oversized sandwich as well, though it seemed a bit short on meat and heavy on sautéed onions- with gravy sauce on top.

We were allowed to linger and catch-up, never feeling rushed, and our waitress was friendly and efficient. We were allowed to linger over conversation and never felt rushed. I will go back. It was not a cheap lunch at $45- including tip, though also not the most expensive in the City. Nosh has been around a few years now, and it is popular among locals and tourists alike. They have an extensive drink/beer menu as well, and are centrally located downtown on the peninsula.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Nosh, popular because featured off Man vs Food show popular for its burger and fries. I gave an overall score of 3.5 for my visit. Average service, and would say sorta cramped seating however its fine if you catch it when its not busy. I went on a rainy day for lunch/dinner around 4pm

I really wanted to try the Apocalypse now burger but I couldn't bring myself to spend 20 dollars for a burger. Shame on me i guess. Instead I got the buffalo dusted chicken skin wrap. It looked impressive and appeared that the quality was worth price. However it was a bold combination of items that just didn't work for me. I mean, at first i thought i was eating sandwich with super strong Cheetos. Even as much tomato and lettuce that was on it could not balance out the taste of the these buffalo skins in my mouth. It was just terrible!

Bacon dusted fries: They were interesting, and curious how they were made. I'm curious how unhealthy this item is compared to just salted fries with vinegar

Overall, I got sick from eating here, similar to eating a bunch of junk food. So i don't know, the place is worth trying if you're adventurous because things on the menu are differently made then you would find around Portland. It's hit and miss.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Not a light lunch, but full of great flavors. Their house special burger is a must, along with the bacon fat fries. Although on the heavy side, the food was unique and it's an enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Favorite stop when in portland. Excellent burgers and sandwiches and can't go wrong with Bacon dusted fries. Chocolate covered bacon dish seems to be gone from menu for the time being and hope they bring it back. Also good selection of Beers on tap.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

As someone who doesn't really eat hamburgers I never really considering going here. I ended up just getting the buffalo fries while out with friends. This filled so many cravings I was having, it was just like eating buffalo wings, they were delicious. They have some other fries and I hear the bacon dusted are great too, I can't speak for the rest of their food but if you want a casual place for some good food this is a good place...just make sure to get some buffalo wings, you won't be sorry, my only qualm is they're unnecessarily pricey...$7 for fries...come on, if you charge as much as duck fat...at least serve as much too then.