“Fun introduction to old town Portland”

Wicked Walking Tours
Ranked #7 of 35 Tours in Portland
More attraction details
Owner description: Legends & History of Haunted Portland. Join your fellow thrill seekers and history lovers for this VERY entertaining and unique stroll through the cobblestone streets of the Old Port. Our professional performance artists turn factual dark history dating from the 1600's into theater and even Stand-up comedy at times! Featuring Indian Attacks, Witch Trials, Pirates, terrific story telling, hysterical impersonations and more, this extremely ghost popular tour boasts guests who return year after year. It's not a lot of walking, but it sure is a lot of fun!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Delightful stories of historical Portland. Gordon, our guide, was a charmer making everyone feel welcome and part of the group. A lovely way to spend an evening in Portland. Reasonably priced.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I embarked on this tour with the expectation of a few scary stories and a few laughs. I got both and much more. Our tour guide, Gordon, not only shared some great ghost stories, but also incorporated some really interesting history of Portland and its surrounding islands along the way. Seeing the back alleys of town was really neat (I go there a couple of times a year but had never been down a lot of these paths, as I am a classy lady) and the walking was at a very leisurely pace with plenty of stops along the route. The kids on the tour absolutely loved it abd didn't even realize they were learning along the way. Gordon the Guide was very patient with their exuberance and answered all of their questions with as much attention as the questions asked by the adults on the tour. I really had a great time, was sorry when it ended, and highly recommend it. Perfect for families, couples (hand holding during the scary bits, wink wink), or just anyone looking for something to do instead of (or before) hitting the bars.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

The Wicked Walking Tour and Gordon Tweedie did not disappoint. Gordon was very entertaining and had a great deal of knowledge about Portland's history. His ability to remember names is uncanny. My husband and I had a great time!!!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

While our tour guide Gordon was engaging and had good stories to tell, and while the mood at night was right (lots of fog)- it seemed like a push for a haunted city tour, without really a lot to talk about and no walk throughs any buildings. It was cute, but not worth a second visit.

jGTweedie, Manager at Wicked Walking Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you for your review. I'm a little surprised, because you kept stepping up beside me to talk and ask questions during most of the tour. That doesn't sound like you weren't interested, or thought that it was just "ok, nothing special."

As a courtesy, I even offered to walk you and your father back to your motorcycle at the end of tour, and you both accepted my assistance graciously. He gave me a nice tip, and seemed to be enjoying himself. I am not really sure what else I could have done for you, but I wish you both all the best.

Gordon

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I have been on several haunted walks in different cities (Ottawa, Toronto, Kingston), but this one was by far the best. Our tour guide, Gordon, made the 90-minute tour through downtown Portland extremely memorable. Even though it was raining fairly hard at times, the evening flew by. Gordon was personable, funny, and had an excellent grasp of Portland's history. This is an excellent way to learn some interesting tidbits of Portland's past, especially some of the darker aspects that would be missing from a standard tour during the day.