“Nice historical building with cool bar/restaurant and nice amenities”

Portland Regency Hotel & Spa
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed 12 September 2011

This was a very beautiful historical building with an awesome location. Very accessible to some really amazing restaurants and nice shops. I enjoyed extra amenities such as free wifi, free coffee/tea service in the morning (they leave it outside your door at a time of your choosing), and free bottles of water. The hotel was on the expensive side, but pricing was on par with comparable properties in the port area.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Portland Regency Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 28 August 2011

only stayed one night but it was very nice - lovely rooms and beds very comfortable

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2011

We stayed here for part of our honeymoon and we were upgraded to a king size suite. Loved the historical decor of hotel. In our room, we had a beautiful working fireplace, spa tub, and relaxing shower. Staff and service were impeccable. The hotel is in the BEST location of Old Port and downtown Portland. You are within walking distance to shopping and great restaurants. Try the Porthole for breakfast--they have sausage balls instead of links or patties, and J's Oyster for seafood.....We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2011

...which is delivered to your door, gratis, whenever you want it.
Portland is best travelled on foot and the Regency's central location makes it perfect for seeing the town. The hotel staff are warm & competant, my room was clean & comfortable . Parking is valet & on departure my car was at the front door right when I wanted it. The only off note was a room service waiter who tried to hustle me re tippage ( it's included, he said it wasn't) The hotel is pricy, but August in Portland is primetime. For my shhort visit, location trumped cost.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 August 2011

We went to Portland for an evening out, and this hotel was in a good location for doing so - in the 'old port' near to many bars and restaurants.

The accommodation was fine though since we were only there for one night we did not make much use of the facilities. We were amused by the door in our room which was both the closet door and the bathroom door depending on which way you closed it.

The price was more than we would usually pay for a hotel, but we would not have been able to walk back to the cheaper hotels we looked at, which were further out from the city center.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2011

Had a one night stay here, and was very please all around. Beds were very comfortable. AC was not as loud as most other hotels I've stayed in. Room had a skylight in the slanted roof but no window on the wall, which I thought was peculiar but not necessarily a detraction. Staff was friendly. Valet attendant was helpful at 5am in providing directions to the Portland Head lighthouse. Short walk to their lot in case you need to access your car for any reason. Location was really great just a few blocks from the water's edge and near a lot of dining options in the Old Port. Unfortunately did not get a chance to check out the spa/sauna/jacuzzi because they all close at 9pm. Not sure if I'll be in Portland again but if I am, I'll gladly stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 August 2011

You'd think you were staying in NYC or Boston instead of Portland, Maine for the price we paid, $315. Nothing out of the ordinary in the room we stayed in. It was clean and nice, but hardly worth the price. I was very disappointed when I discovered on my visa bill that they had charged me $34.95 to mail a sweatshirt I had forgotten in the room. I live in Maine for heaven's sake, less than 100 miles away. After calling to object, they would not budge. I have stayed in other hotels that have mailed things back for free. You'd think at $315 a night they could at least be reasonable. Their unreasonableness and outrageous prices have guaranteed that we will not be back.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OHLobster
Travellers also viewed these Portland hotels
Portland Harbor Hotel
Portland Harbor Hotel
#5 of 20 in Portland
Hilton Garden Inn Portland Downtown Waterfront
The Westin Portland Harborview
Hampton Inn Portland Downtown - Waterfront
The Press Hotel, Autograph Collection
Holiday Inn Portland By The Bay

Been to Portland Regency Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Portland Regency Hotel & Spa

Address: 20 Milk St, Portland, ME 04101-4128
Region: United States > Maine > Portland
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#5 Romantic Hotel in Portland
#7 Family Hotel in Portland
#7 Business Hotel in Portland
Price Range: £102 - £344 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Portland Regency Hotel & Spa 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Portland Regency Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Regency Portland