“Well worth seeking it out!”
Review of Gorgeous Gelato

Gorgeous Gelato
Ranked #1 of 22 Dessert in Portland
Price range: US$2 - US$7
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery
Description: Portland's only authentic Italian gelato shop! Welcome to paradise !!
Smyrna, Delaware
“Well worth seeking it out!”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

So good!! About $4 a cup and they let you sample the flavors so you can choose your favorite. We tried dark chocolate which was so rich, yet light and the gorgeous flavor (vanilla with choc chips and caramel) which was my favorite. Best gelato I've tasted so far!

Visited August 2014

Austin, Texas
“Exotically Delicious!”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Friend and I enjoyed a quick gelato break at Gorgeous Gelato, Portland. Must highly recommend that you stop in to try the Dark Chocolate gelato, which just about made me swoon! (You know how a bite into the finest of dark chocolates can feel so sensual to the taste buds? The Dark Chocolate gelato at Gorgeous Gelato paralleled any experience that I EVER enjoyed with the finest of Belgian chocolate.) The shop's staff also proved attentive and patient in making certain that each visitor received THE gelato that suited them. A completely delightful experience. :oD

Visited August 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yummy!!”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Had a great time in portland and glad to find this great gelato shop! Kids and I all enjoyed it! Excellent way to end our day

• Visited August 2014
Portland, Maine
“ONLY Gelato stop in town”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Please go to Gorgeous Gelato instead of "the fiasco" across the street! The owners from Gorgeous are from Milan Italy and it is authentic and the BEST. I am a Portland Resident of 20 years and I hope you go to Gorgeous Gelato when you want the freshest most sincerely Italian gelato.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Lesliefreda
portland, Maine
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“yum yum”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We look for real italian gelato everywhere. In New York we have tried almost all of them, including Grom. Nothing we have had in the US matches the gelato we found at Gorgeous Gelato. Saporito, delizioso. For anyone longing for the kinds of flavors one finds in gelaterias all over Italy, Gorgeous Gelato is the place -- try the espresso, the pistachio, and the nocciolo (hazlenut). My guess is that you could try any flavor with the same success. Unfortunately, I did not find Frutta di Bosco or Stracciatella, but what was there was plenty of wonderful. Makes you think there is life outside of Italy.

• Visited August 2014