“Stranded in Portland”

Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Portland
Gorham, New Hampshire
“Stranded in Portland”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

On the evening of 7/2/2014 my family and I were diverted to the Portland jetport after our flight was canceled to Manchester NH. My husband called the hotel around 11pm and the reservationist provided transportation to the hotel within 20 minutes and was more than accommodating when we arrived. He was extremely customer service oriented, pleasant and courteous. After providing two connecting rooms for our large family, the housekeeper was on board to assist with blankets and cots. The room was exceptionally clean and perfect. It was a very,very long day, and thanks to all who helped make our stay comfortable. We visit Portland often and will definitely refer your hotel to others in need. My family and I thank You again!!!

Chapman Family

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Rosalba C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Chapman Family,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport! We are sorry your flight was cancelled but happy to have had the opportunity to welcome you to our property! I will make sure to share your kind words with all staff members, who always strive to provide outstanding service.
Hopefully your travel plans will bring you back to the Portland area in the near future and you can enjoy the property!
Kind regards,
Rosalba C.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Fishers, Indiana
Reviewed 11 July 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel the night before flying home from vacation. The hotel is beautiful, with very nice rooms and it's proximity to the airport makes it very convenient for those with an early flight. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We were able to turn in our rental car the evening we checked into the hotel, call the hotel and they immediately sent over their shuttle van to take us back to the hotel. We had a light dinner in Garden Grill that was very good. The next morning we went to the front desk to have them call the shuttle and before they could dial the number the driver was there. No waiting or hassle.
We would definitely stay at this hotel again and recommend it to friends.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Linda W
Shannon M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Hello Linda,

I am so please to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We enjoy a great location and have a wonderful staff who are eager to show off our new look after renovations that were completed in May. I hope you can come back again soon.

Kind Regards,
Tryon, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 July 2014

From the friendly greeting at check-in to the shuttle drop-off at the Airport the staff really made my stay so enjoyable. The room was lovely & food excellent. I would highly recommend this HG Inn! The willing and "can-do" attitude of each employee I encountered made me feel like a special & very-welcomed guest.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Sabbathlily
Thank you for your kind and thoughtful review of the Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport. We have a talented and dedicated staff whose first priority is making sure every guest has a great stay and feels like family. I am happy that was your experience and we look forward to hosting you again when your travels bring you back to Portland.

Blythewood, SC, United States
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Clean, hotel located by Portland Airport, friendly staff. Located close to Portland Mall and other attractions are also close by. Almost directly across from the Portland International Airport. The Hotel was renovated within the past year and everything is like new.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Kerry V
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy to see that you enjoyed our location and your time with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Kind Regards,
Virginia
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Usually, when you stay at a Hilton Garden Inn, you except great customer service and nice, clean rooms. This one delivers on all accounts. Two reasons for not giving this a 5 are 1) I stayed in an even numbered room, which faced the highway. At night, you can hear the trucks and Harleys as they drove down the road. You might want to get an odd numbered room which is the back of the hotel, a little more removed from the highway; 2) I ate dinner at there restaurant and the service was really, really slow. The server was pleasant and extremely nice, but it took me over an hour for dinner, for a party of one. The breakfast was awesome and the staff just as nice and pleasant. Hotel is within minutes of the airport. I would definitely stay here again on future trips.

Room Tip: Make sure to request an odd numbered room for more quiet from the highway noise
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Itsjustme47
Thank you for your thoughtful review of the Hilton Garden Inn. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our staff. Although we plan for a slower pace at dinner you should be able to have a meal in less time than you indicated. I will share your comments with our staff to ensure we offer an appropriately timed delivery of dinner to our guests.

All the best,
Farmingdale, United States
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Great experience here. I have stayed in this hotel a couple of times and have had good stays. I would recommend this hotel. It's a little pricey, but the atmosphere is great and the staff is very friendly.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Bob F
Hello Bob: Thanks very much for your kind words and thoughtful review of the Hilton Garden Inn. Although we are not the least expensive hotel in our area, we pride ourselves in providing a level of service and amentiies that exceeds your expectations. It sounds like we were able to do that for you and hope we can do even better next time.

Quispamsis, Canada
Reviewed 7 July 2014

It had been about four years since I had stayed at this property and after testing out all the other Hilton properties within the city of Portland I decided to return to this one and I am glad I did. I was well unaware that they renovated and added an extension until I pulled up to the main entrance. I walked into the lobby and was just in awe. The entire lobby was renovated in a updated modern contemporary look with sleek furniture and fixings and felt like I was in some trendy New York City hotel. Upon checking in I was pleasantly surprised by the amazing agent that mentioned that my room was in the new extension and even handed me a complimentary drink voucher to be enjoyed in the lobby bar. The room was extremely spacious, clean and again a great contemporary look. This location is not only perfect for flying out of Portland but is also conveniently located to the shopping district, the Amtrak Station and even the downtown core is a quick 10 minute drive away and easily accessible. Whether in Portland for business, leisure, shopping, or a stopping point before departing via train or airplane you need to make this hotel your #1 choice.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Manhattan01
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay with us. We are so pleased that you enjoyed our new renovations and the sleek new look of the lobby. We have a great team whose number one priority is making sure that you are 100% satsified and I am happy we accomplished that and more with your experience. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

All the best,