“Worth the tasting!!!”

Vervacious
Ranked #132 of 614 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: I am not sure if you would list this as a 'restaurant' or a 'thing to do'. Maybe it is really a 'thing to do' This is a unique 'foodie' store. We sampled several of thier offerings - cheese compliments, a rub and preserves. Wow. Amazing flavors from around the world. Tastings in the store and thier products are even better when served with a meal when you get them home. I will be buying several xmas gifts from them this year. Great to visit because of the tastings and attractive packages. A really unique place.
Mobile, Alabama
“Worth the tasting!!!”
Reviewed 1 June 2013

Went on Maine foodie tour and loved the tasting at Vervacious. Went back to store to have items shipped home. By day 9 I began wondering about my shipment. I called. Owners checked. My items were actually sceduled to be delivered that day. From past shipping experiences ups does tend to take longer. Items did arrive that day. All good. Love it!!!

Visited May 2013

Maryland
“Worth a Visit”
Reviewed 28 February 2013

This is a spice, herb, vinegar, etc. shop and worth a visit. You can taste test almost everything and there is elegant packaging. The owner and employees were very helpful and offered much information. This shop is on the waterfront side of downtown Portland and there's a great view. It had great customer service. They bagged up everything and when I told them I was flying home, they re-packed it for the trip. Just wonderful!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank HappyTraveler1202
Brooklyn, New York
“Took my money and wouldn't respond to me”
Reviewed 25 July 2012

I visited the shop as part of Maine Foodie Tours. Though I enjoyed their rubs, vinegars and oyster tastings, I was disappointed at the end. I went back after the tour, packed up a large box, and paid for the box and shipping. Fast forward a month and I hadn't received the box - even though my credit card was charged immediately. I called and emailed the store to find out what happened and got no response. I never received the product, luckily Amex backed me up and refunded my charge. Terrible, terrible terrible to just steal my money

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Colleen D
Maine
“What a place to visit!”
Reviewed 10 March 2012

Awesome owner and products. Maine made vinegars, rubs, etc. Exquisite packaging. Make great hostess gifts and presents for others and yourself!

Visited March 2012