I've generally had very good experiences at Hampton Inns, and this was no exception. The location of this particular property is ideal if you're new to Portland since it provides easy access to the waterfront and downtown. We booked restaurant reservations weeks in advance and were able to walk to all of them. Standard Baking is just around the corner, so if the complimentary breakfast gets old, you have that easy option. As usual, the rooms are not huge, but are well kept, clean and modern. The beds and pillows are very comfortable. Parking is not free (15 dollars a day, valet only), and they don't cross reference your room or name with the ticket number - so don't lose your valet slip unless you want to walk around the lot looking for your car (which I did on last morning there). We had a great stay here and will come back the next time we're in town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn® Portland/Downtown - Waterfront hotel is nestled in the city's Old Port District and offers breathtaking views of lovely Casco Bay and the historic waterfront. Stroll along the cobblestone streets as you explore the many boutiques, museums, galleries and bustling cafes. There's so much to see and do within walking distance of our Portland hotel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn Portland Downtown - Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Portland Downtown - Waterfront Hotel Portland
- Hampton Inn Portland Downtown - Waterfront Maine