1,628 results
All reviewsvalet parkinggreat locationsebago brewing companyold portbrew pubfree breakfastwithin walking distancevalet stafffore streetbreakfast staffrestaurants and shopsgreat place to stayper daywould definitely stay here againthe breakfast areabusiness centerwater view
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Lovely and convenient hotel for all your needs. Easy to get to and convient for downtown Portland shopping. Sebago Brewery in lower level for relaxing with friends and haveing a drink and apps. Highly recommend always have a good time there.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Pete W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Portland Downtown - Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences while a guest in our hotel recently. It appears you were happy with your stay. I hope we have an opportunity to be of service to you in the future when Portland is a part of your travel plans.

Have a great holiday season!

Reviewed 3 December 2013

We stayed here for two nights during Thanksgiving Day weekend. I really liked that this hotel washes all of their comforters as well as the sheets before each guest's stay. I felt really comfortable sleeping here.

I don’t know if my expectations are overly high but the room was very plain with all amenities included. It is equipped with a mini fridge, large TV, microwave and coffee maker. Décor is very plain but the size of the room is good and everything is clean. The bathroom is very standard. The location is quite close to the seafront and shopping areas which is handy, but there is vacant land around this hotel because it is located at the edge of everything (shopping and restaurants).
The complimentary breakfast in the morning was very good and a nice added bonus even though disposable plates and cups etc were used.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The valet parking is great but a little overkill for an empty parking lot. The parking fees for Portland on the high side.

The only disappointment we experiences was the view. We paid a little bit extra for the rooms with a "harbor view". If overseeing parking lots is your thing, then you won't be disappointed, otherwise the upgrade probably isn't worth it. That being said, everything else about the place was very pleasant and we wouldn't mind staying here again.

Room Tip: Insist on water view do not rely on the upgrade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Thermotech
Pete W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Portland Downtown - Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Thank you for staying with us during the Thanksgiving weekend. We are honored you selected our hotel for your lodging needs. We would be honored to be of service to you if future travels bring you to Portland.

Have a wonderful Holiday Season and thanks again for staying with us.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

This is a brand new Hampton Inn and from the moment you walk in, you can see that Hampton is working hard to change its image. Everything is done with clean modern lines and the decor is very pretty. It's in a great location, walkable to every and anything you'd want to do in Portland. The room was very large and comfortable. Added bonus: fridge and microwave in the room. Beds are excellent, and I love the fact that they have the nice, white duvets instead of the sketchy bedspreads of the past. All in all, a great stay at a great price.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for the nice comments about our hotel. We are honored you elected to stay with us. Please come see us again soon, and have a wonderful Holiday Season!

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Loved this hotel that was with in walking distance of the Old Port area. Very friendly and helpful desk clerk at check in. Free breakfast and internet although we went out to breakfast. Prices very reasonable at Thanksgiving time. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for staying with us recently and for the nice comments made to TripAdvisor. Isn't Portland a great City? I hope we can be of service to you again the next time Portland is in your travel plan.

Have a great Holiday Season!

Reviewed 2 December 2013

The Hampton Inn was a fine place to stay over the Thanksgiving period, when one might have expected a "slacker" staff or poor service. Everything was first rate. I was impressed with the complimentary breakfast and the free shuttle service to the train station. I was given a decent map and good directions for walking along the coast. I do not own a TV and was quite impressed by the one in my room. I wished I had brought my swimsuit, but I did not know there was a pool. If I go back to Portland I would be certain to see if there was availability at the Hampton Inn. I enjoyed my trip to Maine completely.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for staying with us during the Thanksgiving holiday. We appreciate the nice comments and hope we have the opportunity to be of service to you in the future. Come see us again, and bring your swim suit!

Have a great holiday season!