“Second stay....disappointed in the room.”

Hampton Inn Portland Downtown - Waterfront
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here once before...last summer and was very happy with our room. This time not do much. In fact, I'm quite disappointed. This room is very outdated and looks like a cheap motel room. On a positive, the staff was friendly and did let us check on early. If I stay here again, I'd request the room I had last year.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Dianne R

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I stayed 2 nights at the Hampton Inn Portland, Maine. It was in an ideal location, close to the waterfront and restaurants in the area.

Check-in was quick and easy. When I arrived to my room, I was pleasantly surprised to see two nice big windows. They both looked out over the parking lot, but I liked the bright natural light that came into the room.

The room was nicely decorated and had a big screen TV. The bathroom with shower, was also large.

Sleep quality was very good. During my first night there, I woke up to a baby crying in the room next door, but the walls were so well insulated, that it did not disturb my sleep. I quickly drifted back to sleep.

The complimentary breakfast was nicely presented, and had a variety of hot and cold offerings. The dining area was comfortable as well.

I tool advantage of the complimentary shuttle to take me to my work location, and back to the airport for my departure home.

I would stay here again, and recommend it to others.

Room Tip: A room at the end of the hall will give you two large windows.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I recently stayed at this Hampton Inn in Downtown Portland, Maine where we were attending a wedding. We were very happy. The shuttle picked us up at the airport and took us to different restaurants, activities, and it was all complimentary. The drivers were very helpful and polite. The staff at the hotel was also friendly. The hotel was very clean, beds comfortable, and the free breakfast was very good. There is also free coffee all day. The location is great. You can walk all over the town and along the harbor. We ate two meals at the hotel restaurant and they were great. We had a full lobster dinner for $25.00 that was delicious.

Room Tip: eventide has great lobster rolls and oysters
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank lizett251
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Harbor view? Parking lots w/ distant water. Compl. brkfst? Hrm ... weird sausage concoctions and boxed cereals. Excellent beds, roomy, clean. Limited TV choices. Good location. Pretty quiet. Overall ok, but a bit pricey. coal B&B's at about same price - better food!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Walter S
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Our corner room on the second floor was delightful: clean, spacious, and well designed. Overall the amenities were even better than expected: fitness room, coffee all day, free breakfast, etc. This was our first trip to Portland, and this was the best possible location!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank steventobolsky
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We stayed here for 4 days and were very happy. The hotel is fairly new and kept up well. Breakfast was good, a step up from the usual free breakfasts. The location is great. A few minutes walk will take you to the heart of the Old Port or to the waterfront and the ferry to Canada. Some very good restaurants like Duck Fat are just around the corner. Finally, the staff was very nice.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank teddysdad
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I wish that we were able to stay longer than just one night here. This is a great location for walking to shops and restaurants. We had a spacious clean room. There is no tub, only a shower . We had a king size bed, with lots of fluffy pillows. There is only valet parking at $15 a day. Check in was quick and the staff is pleasant. Breakfast was better than most of the Hampton Inns that we have stayed at. there is a good restaurant attached to the hotel called Sebago. After 5 p.m., you can use your room key to enter directly from the hotel. They brew their own beer which was very tasty. My husband and I both had seafood dinners that were delicious.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple