I've been to Portland a number of times, but my G/F had not. Last time I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn right on the waterfront, but it was over $100 a night more expensive than the Hampton which is a block back from the water.
The experience here was excellent and I would rate this Hampton Inn above any of the others I have stayed in over the past 5 years. The building is new, all the staff - from the valet to the checkin people, to the breakfast staff were very friendly and really went above and beyond to help out.
The room was clean and quiet, the bed comfortable. We did eat breakfast there one day (it was fine - nothing inspiring or great, but can't complain about the price). We did not try the brewpub / restaurant on the corner because we wanted to explore downtown a little more.
The HGI is a little newer and a little fancier, but not sure there's a $100/night difference in it. If the price was the same I'd probably stay there, but no complaints at all about the Hampton and the value is definitely better in the summer
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn® Portland/Downtown - Waterfront hotel is nestled in the city's Old Port District and offers breathtaking views of lovely Casco Bay and the historic waterfront. Stroll along the cobblestone streets as you explore the many boutiques, museums, galleries and bustling cafes. There's so much to see and do within walking distance of our Portland hotel! Valet parking only onsite $20 per night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn Portland Downtown - Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Portland Downtown - Waterfront Hotel Portland
- Hampton Inn Portland Downtown - Waterfront Maine