We stayed at the Hampton Inn for the last two nights of our vacation in Maine and I couldn't have been happier with the stay, the service and the location. We paid extra for a room with a view, so could watch ships and ferries moving in and out of the harbor - it was well worth the extra price. The room was comfortable and included a fridge and microwave. The breakfast, which was included, had a good deal of variety, offering different options the two mornings we were there. The location was great, too. We were able to walk to everything that we wanted to see in the city, from Longfellow's house and the Cryptozoology Museum to all of the shops and restaurants along the waterfront (and, I'd like to add, we're kind of old and sedentary). When it came time to leave, we asked about a shuttle to the airport and, within five minutes, were loaded into the van and driven to the airport by an extremely affable young man. I would definitely stay there again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn® Portland/Downtown - Waterfront hotel is nestled in the city's Old Port District and offers breathtaking views of lovely Casco Bay and the historic waterfront. Stroll along the cobblestone streets as you explore the many boutiques, museums, galleries and bustling cafes. There's so much to see and do within walking distance of our Portland hotel! Valet parking only onsite $20 per night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn Portland Downtown - Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Portland Downtown - Waterfront Hotel Portland
- Hampton Inn Portland Downtown - Waterfront Maine