Beautiful room in a newer Hampton. Modern lobby area and room, indoor pool, restaurant right next door but not really needed as so many better choices in Portland.
Shuttle by appointment or phone call from airport--but hotel not on big board at airport--which made us nervous at first. Shuttle drivers very accommodating and informative though. Only takes about 15 minutes to get downtown. If you are only staying in the downtown area, you do NOT need a car--everything is an easy walk.
Do not spend the extra money for the "Harbor View" . This is a working harbor and not all that picturesque where the holel is located--plus it's a block and 1/2 from the water....not worth the extra.
Good hot breakfast open 6-10 am during the week and til 11 on weekends. Very well staffed--both on the buffet and in the dining room. Our plates were whisked away as soon as we were done.
Coffee urns available round the clock which we took advantage of several times. Good value for the high dollar you have to pay to be downtown Portland. Also within a block of Fore Street and Hugo's restaurants.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn® Portland/Downtown - Waterfront hotel is nestled in the city's Old Port District and offers breathtaking views of lovely Casco Bay and the historic waterfront. Stroll along the cobblestone streets as you explore the many boutiques, museums, galleries and bustling cafes. There's so much to see and do within walking distance of our Portland hotel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Hampton Inn Portland Downtown - Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Portland Downtown - Waterfront Hotel Portland
- Hampton Inn Portland Downtown - Waterfront Maine