“Pizza Slabs....so good”

Micucci Grocery
Ranked #31 of 634 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Best lunch option ever-get a slab of Micucci's pizza (go to the back of the grocery) and walk it out onto the eastern prom. Enjoy the sunshine and a HUGE slice. So good -just don't expect it to be too cheesy-it's more like tomato pie. Yum. Hungry thinking about it.

There are newer reviews for Micucci Grocery

Reviewed 16 October 2013

My husband and I went here to get the slab and it was the best pizza I have ever had in my life. Helpful staff with smiles and a great selection of imported Italian and Spanish goods. We bought several items and then shipped them back home at a FedX store downtown. No problems. Go get the pizza no matter what! First slabs sold at 10:30.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

While walking around the area as we were waiting for a seat at a nearby restaurant, we happened into this amazing little Italian grocery. In the back was a section there they sold great pizza, super sandwiches (loved the eggplant and Italian sausage sandwiches) and had amazing and very inexpensive home baked goods. It was hard to decide which one to choose! I would definitely come back here again for the food, the no wait and the price advantage for fresh and high quality food.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

This Italian store, primo for sure. We were in Portland for the day. Awaiting availability for the shipyard tour, don't waste your time on the tour. Anyhow, we happened upon this store and had the most delicious grinders and pizza slices. The products, meats, cheeses and other delectable Italian products were bar none. I wish I lived closer, this is an Italian dream.
You must try.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Yes, this is an Italian grocery store, but it also has a pizza oven in the back. I wouldn't have realized this if I hadn't been eavesdropping on a group of people nearby, who had also been turned off by the long wait at nearby popular restaurant Duckfat. So here's to eavesdropping on locals :)

The grocery store itself is a wonderland of wholesale goods, from huge slabs of chocolate to bulk spices and local sauces and honey. We were really drawn, though, by the line that was forming in the back. In a tiny space, there was a window with shelves and a couple tables. There were already several people waiting in line, and not knowing what we were doing, we just waited too. 5 minutes later, the smells of delicious pizza wafted out at us. Everyone grabbed plates and boxes for huge slabs of Sicilian-style pizza, and we thankfully got one of them. It was enough for 2 people to share, and so delicious -- hearty with a great crust and proportion of cheese to sauce. Really delicious.