“Another piece of Portland magic.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Maine Mead Works

Owner description: Free Tours Available: 11:30 am & 3:00 pm, Monday - Saurday
Portland, Maine
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Another piece of Portland magic.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2013

I went in wanting to try their keg cider. I came out loving the cider and having had an amazing experience. The hostess was delightful and taught us so much about the process of creating mead. There was a steady stream of tourists coming and going, even on a dreary February afternoon. If you're a Portland local and haven't learned about Maine Mead Works... shame on you. Get in here.

Visited February 2013

nj
137 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 101 helpful votes
“Buzz on over”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2012

If you are ever walking around in Portland or just driving by on 295, stop in, especially around tour time. The tour was informative and interesting. The tasting is great since you get to taste 10 different mead wines. The people working there are very nice and are proud of their mead wine.

Visited December 2012
West Babylon, New York
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great experience, informative”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2012

My boyfriend and I stopped here while we were vacationing in November. Wow! What an unexpected and pleasant experience. We were interested in tasting, thinking it would be like the typical "wine" tasting - pay a fee, pick four or so wines etc. etc. ... but no! The man helping us took out every single bottle he had in the fridge beneath him and we truly got a taste of Maine Mead ... for nothing! I can't even say that any of them were bad or one better than the other because they were all so unique and delicious that if I could have bought a bottle of each I would have. I will definitely be ordering from them online in the future, as he did say that they have a website. He was such a nice guy and taught us a little lesson on Mead and it really made us appreciate the business more and its uniqueness. Both my boyfriend and I have never had Mead before and being huge honey-lovers in general we have a new found respect and appreciation for how its made. It has such a clean and smooth taste that we were truly in awe. Some of my favorite were the Lavender Mead and the Dry Mead. My boyfriend loved both of the seasonal meads. We walked away with a few bottles that day. Needless to say, I walked out of the place feeling a little warm on that cold day :-) Definitely recommend this place and this taste!

Visited November 2012
Memphis, Tennessee
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Great fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2012 via mobile

We went to Maine Mead Works with expectations of tasting what we thought was mead but left with a new appreciation for their work. The honey basis of the drink is definitely there to be enjoyed and appreciated, but I really like the difference in taste that the Honeymead product has. It's delicious and very reasonably priced.

Warren, RI
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“What a great place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2012

We did the free mead tasting here. Great staff and great mead. Wish we lived closer to visit more often! We ended up buying 3 bottles.

Visited October 2012

Been to Maine Mead Works? Share your experiences!