“I keep going back.”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Augusta, Maine
“I keep going back.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

I LOVE the bimibap and the sushi cracker appetizer. Also soup. The noodle dishes so far are also very nice, but I only get to sample when I go with someone who likes to share because I keep ordering bimibap. Mmm, crunchy rice bottom and egg on top. We ordered a maki roll one time: it was good but I would probably go elsewhere for sushi as the selection is not broad. LS is not fine dining (or attempt to be), but the service is pleasant & efficient & the dining room is comfortable. If you sit towards the back you won't find yourself right next to a table of shouters.

• Visited February 2012

Portland, Maine
“HATE TO JUDGE BASED ON ONE VISIT...BUT... I WILL”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2012

Make that after two visits - one was takeout my wife brought me - and the "judgment" isn't positive. My friend took me the first time and we ate at the sushi bar and, in the end, it was incredibly average. My wife, during a particularly hectic day at work, brought me a sushi lunch - with a large assortment of sushi - and not only was it "less than average" but the tamago was the absolute worst I've ever tasted in my life; like cardboard. I was sufficiently appalled that I called the owner mentioning this only to be told "sorry, we'll do better next time" (I would have liked to hear that they would make up my lousy meal). Now, this IS a Korean restaurant and both times I only had sushi...but...still...if this is indicative of what they serve, I won't be going back. And, no surprise, haven't.

• Visited August 2011
Lyman, Maine
“Something for Everyone”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2011

I was concerned that the menu was too ambitious-too many cuisines to do anything well. I was wrong. The seafood pancake appetizer was wonderful. Soft, flavorful-the sauce was perfect. The Ramen good. Special sushi creations were visually pleasing and tasty. The only blemish at our table was the seaweed salad which needed a little more zip.

The service was attentive but not overly so. I'll go again for sure.

• Visited November 2011