“Out of everything today” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #73 of 603 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$5 - US$55
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout
Description: CLOSED MONDAY , OPEN TUESDAY 12-3 WED-THURS 12-6 FRI-SAT 12-9 SUNDAY 12-6 THANKS ! FEEL FREE TO CALL I WILL CLOSE IF I RUN OUT OF FOOD
wilton, ct
“Out of everything today”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

The place is a small clean roadside kitchen attached to a larger fish market. I came for the lobster rolls and I understand that it was a really busy weekend, but there were only a few items available, crabmeat roll, fried fish, crab cakes, all of which were good, but not spectacular. Don't know that I'd bother to stop by again in high tourist season.

Visited October 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Chatham, Massachusetts
“Cape Cod Fishermen Love Fishermen's Grill”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

My husband and I visited in mid August, on our annual trip up North and stumbled upon this place. As commercial gillnetters and shell fishermen, we know fresh seafood, and this is the place you need to be. We have always stopped at seafood spots on our way up - we were staunch supporters of Weathervane in Kittery back in the day before "the change" (ahh, I miss those smelt dinners...) Even on Cape Cod there is not one place (and we've tried them all) that even comes close to the quality and value that The Fishermen's Grill does, and I'm saying this 2 months after the fact. He had the whole clam plate, I the Sampler - outstanding! Nothing beats fresh. On our way up next week - see you then, and Thank You for the gastronomical delight!

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank P W
Greensboro, North Carolina
“DELISHHH!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

This whole in the wall is quite the place. Their lobster roll is the best Iv ever had. The lobster was so fresh it tasted like it was pulled out of the ocean just a few hours ago. The taste was amazing not too much mayo so you could actually taste and enjoy the lobster. The roll was perfectly toasted and perfectly buttered. If you want to try the best lobster in Maine, this is your place!

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Boston, Massachusetts
“The Best Seafood in New England!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I made a road trip to Portland over Labor Day weekend. We had looked up some restaurants we wanted to try--including this one. This restaurant did not disappoint. It is a small, very casual place with a few tables inside and picnic tables outside. We ordered from the counter--clam chowder, fried clams, and half a lobster roll. My boyfriend and I are from Boston and we've tried plenty of variations of all three, but we both agreed that this restaurant was our favorite for all three dishes. The quality of the seafood was amazing. I highly suggest you go and try their food--we can't wait to go back!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Awesome Lobster Roll!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

This place is just a little shack on the side of the road in Portland, but it has the most amazing lobster rolls. The roll is loaded with lobster, the most I've ever seen in a lobster roll. The clam chowder and haddock chowder were very good too. The haddock chowder is made to order so you know its fresh. No alcohol available. Service is order at the counter but food is brought out to your table. It was pretty crowded when we were there, but it sounded like we got there during an unexpected rush. A bit of a wait for the food, probably because of the crowd. Not a lot of seating inside, but there are quite a few tables outdoors too. This is going to be a must-stop every time I am in Portland, Maine from now on. Just amazing lobster roll!!

• Visited August 2013