“A hidden Gem!!!!”

Ranked #83 of 613 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$5 - US$55
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout
Description: CLOSED MONDAY , OPEN TUESDAY 12-3 WED-THURS 12-6 FRI-SAT 12-9 SUNDAY 12-6 THANKS ! FEEL FREE TO CALL I WILL CLOSE IF I RUN OUT OF FOOD
“A hidden Gem!!!!”
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

We found the Grill after receiving a recommendation from our son, who had enjoyed Fisherman's Grill every time he had visited. We had a combo of Lobster Rolls and Seared Scallops, both of which were outstanding! The staff was extremely friendly, and we'll definitely stop back again. I love finding small local restaurants that are off the beaten path. I'd prefer the Seafood from the Fisherman's Grill over any chain, and most other local seafood restaurants. It's a "must experience" in Portland.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Bill B

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“Worth to try”
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

I arrived at the restaurant exactly at 12pm. There were already more than 10 people in front of me. I guess that was the power of trip advisor!

I ordered two lobster rolls(20.95 each), a cup of clam chowder($2 since I ordered the roll) and a choose-2 appetizers. The scallops are the one that you can't miss! And the chowder too!!!!!

1 Thank Delialia
Toronto, Canada
“"Fin-tastic"!”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Read the great reviews on TA and everyone is right - the food is fresh and fantastic. Hubby had the Coma Burger and it was massive and excellent. Best burger he has had in a long time .. who would expect that at a seafood restaurant! I had pan seared haddock (extra $2 for that method otherwise fried). Fresh fresh fresh like the owner just brought it from the water. You can really taste the difference. Wanted a salad but not available off season. Wanted haddock chowder but none made that day. It gets very busy and takes a while for food prep which means everything made to order. When we were there (which was before the June 1st tourist season start and around 4:30 pm), it wasn't bad at all. Only one cook (Mike the owner) and one other guy doing everything else. Friendly. Cash only. Don't miss it.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank GRG19
Poland
“Delicious Clam Chowder”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

My husband & I went there this afternoon for lunch. Yes, it is very small, but our clam chowder was I believe our best ever. Fish & chips also good but not outstanding - large portions though. We shall return for more. We have often enjoyed seafood holes in the wall.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank poos
Kennewick, Washington
“Quite the Place - Excellent Food”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

OK, so you watch DDD, well if Guy hasn't done this place he sure needs to. This is the ultimate dive! Indoor seating for 9 (OK maybe you could find a way to seat a few more, but not many. The food almost all freshly made - be it the lobster stew, clam chowder or fish and chips (haddock), all were superb. The only better haddock for F&Cs I've ever had a now closed restaurant in Kodiak, AK. So, funky and you wait since almost everything is made to order, if you find this out of the way spot you will not be disappointed. The 3 of us sure weren't.

• Visited April 2014