“Great location,very nice Motel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Motel 6 Portland

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Motel 6 Portland
Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in Portland
Brooklyn, New York
“Great location,very nice Motel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

I was surprised on how nice this motel was.I was expecting the worst based on these reviews,but it was the opposite. The establishment was perfectly located,less than minutes from downtown Portland,right on the interstate.Motel 6 was very clean,the room was a nice size again very clean.The bathroom was nice and simple,clean towels.The bed & pillows were so comfortable,had a good night sleep.There was no fridge but i hardly notice til my friend pointed that out,didnt care for it. It's basic,good location,good price,I would def recommend this place and that's where i'd staty if i were to visist Portland again which is I will.

Room Tip: I dont remember seeing hair dryers,so bring yours if need to use one.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Hebrew first
New Bedford
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Approaching the motel it reminded me of pictures I have seen of prisons. The front desk looked like a police station without the security. The halls looked kind of gloomy. The elevator made a scary sound but it got us up and down without incident. The room was about as Spartan as could be. The walls were a glaring white color with the only thing on the wall being a mirror. The furniture, what there was of it, looked like it came out of a do-it-yourself kit. The bed was reasonably comfortable and accept for the hammering sound coming from the next room, maybe they were assembling furniture, the night was peaceful. I feared that the parking lot was not all that safe but I have nothing but a gut feeling to base that on. The panhandler on the corner did not do much for the neighborhood. There were nearby places to eat and a supermarket across the street. It could be worse, I guess, but my first Motel 6 stay will probably be my last. P.S, The front desk clerks were nice and that is why I gave this motel a little higher rating.

Room Tip: Find something closer to Old Port
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Spankems
Indianapolis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

They remodeled the motel and it looks really nice. The only down side on the third floor it smelled like someone cooked fish and it was a little over bearing in the hallway. Over all a positive experience. Left a day early and they refunded me the extra day quickly. People were very friendly that i dealt with.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Matthew L
Scarborough, Maine
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

Spent a night here with my significant other, at 12 exactly we got a call from the front desk and the both the front desk person are extremely rude. They told us we have ten minutes to pay or to get out. Worst customer service ever. That's not how you treat guests, I should know from working at 3 different hotels.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank AlishaMFrench
Old Town
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

We stayed Nov 14, 2013 for 1 night (which was shown as 1 night on my CC) but got charged for two. My fault for not seeing it on my statement when we checked out the next day, but 3 calls to motel and NO return calls from manager. We're now staying at the nearby Super 8. Watch your wallets. :)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Neal W
Beantown
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a much needed weekend away...what a mistake! We requested a non-smoking room and the minute we walked in, not only did the hallway of the floor we were on smell but our room reeked of stale cigarette smoke! We were guaranteed a non-smoking room and the sign on the door said no smoking however we found it comical that there were multiple ashtrays available in the room.

You could not regulate the heater to get comfortable either you were sweating or freezing and the beds were extremely uncomfortable, basically the box spring was falling apart. The most disgusting and worst part was when I went to go in the shower and I look down at the bottom of the shower liner and it was full black mold!!!

The booking site for the hotel said new and improved...although for motel 6 we did not expect much however that had not even begun and hotel was under renovations...this place should be shut down for health code violations.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank jmarie2736
Cape Cod, MA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

It's a Motel 6, and it was just fine! I stayed here on Columbus weekend and paid 1/3 the price of the next cheapest place in town. It was very simple and wasn't the closest to downtown ( 3 or 4 miles away) but worth the savings so I could spend more on meals out at good restaurants. Don't expect much and you'll appreciate the savings and the ability to spend the money you saved on meals or on shopping.

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo