“WARNING!! Stay Away!”
Review of Motel 6 Portland

Motel 6 Portland
Ranked #19 of 21 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We reserved this hotel because their website said they had queen sized beds. Lies!!! The room was about the size of a closet and the beds were NOT queens. The hallway looked like a college dorm and smelled like one too. Do yourself a favour, stay somewhere else!!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank kkuffner

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I have never had a worse experience at hotel in my life.
I had left a sweatshirt there. Upon realizing I don't have it, I called to inquire if they have it and was told that they do. I was thrilled and asked to send it to me please since we were already back in New York. To my surprise, I was told they will not send it because they don't have a box. I was also told that if they don't come across a box in 30 days, the sweatshirt will be discarded and that's the company policy.

I spoke to the "front desk", then to "guest service relations" and finally to "corporate offices". Corporate offices had confirmed their policy that if box was not going to be found, the item will be discarded. I asked who am I speaking to and they responded that its "corporate agent guest relations specialist". The only thing they specialize in is making resolutions of simple problems impossible.

The head service relations specialist was polite with men but not with women. She was the first to inform me that there is no box and they will throw it out in 30 days. She was also the one to inform me that even though there are ashtrays in the room and it smells like smoke - the rooms are non-smoking. Her name if anyone encounters her is Ann Faucher.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Lara B
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was reasonably clean but was missing what I considered to be basic amenities: shampoo and a coffee maker. For a similar price I have had better experiences with other motels.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2014

for once, I did not check the reviews before I booked this hotel since we were just looking for a one night stay after our plane arrived after midnight. Big mistake. We were put on the 4th floor - a smoking floor - because they do not offer you a choice. The hallway was filthy - it looked like it had not been vacuumed in weeks. The smell of cigarettes was appalling in the hallway though luckily our room did not smell quite so bad. Also, the room itself was fairly clean though very shabby. The only good thing about the hotel is that the bed was comfortable. The hotel isn't even all that close the airport - which is really the reason I had booked it. Find another place if you can.

1  Thank zaphoid
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed or 1 night and the room was clean and staff was friendly. When we arrived, there was a strong smell of Chlorine in the hallway. Our room was small but usable for one night. It was perfect for one night or 2 nights and it was cheap.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank LexyAllura
Reviewed 21 July 2014

...and I was told it was non-smoking. I hate the smell of cigarettes and couldn't sleep because of it. When we got there there was only 1 towel for 2 occupants, and the bathroom light was broken.
Disgusting.

2  Thank CricketBeas
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Do NOT stay here unless you are literally looking for a place to crash for a few hours and have no sense of smell. I had read the bad reviews, but stupidly thought people were just overreacting. Until I went there myself. It is disgusting. There were hairs in the bathroom, hairs on the floor, the room was "non-smoking" but reeked of smoke, and the whole place just seemed eerie (The eeriness was not helped by the fact that Travelodge next door was completely deserted and that the place in general resembles a prison.) I am not a picky traveler, and I have never done this before, but we actually took a look at our room and left, demanded our money back, and went to the Hampton Inn instead. Worth every dollar in extra expense. The girl at the front desk was helpful, though. Believe the reviews people: DO NOT stay here if you value cleanliness of any kind!

1  Thank racheld757