“Love Love Love Gelato Fiasco!” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Gelato Fiasco Old Port
Ranked #4 of 21 Dessert in Portland
Price range: US$2 - US$7
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Discover Portland's new dessert menu with 30 flavors of gelato and sorbetto daily from a growing collection of more than 1,000 flavors. Try as many flavors as you wish and squeeze as many as you want into any dish. Full coffee and espresso bar available. Open Noon to 11 p.m. every day.
Maine
“Love Love Love Gelato Fiasco!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

I experience regular cravings for Gelato Fiasco, particularly their mango flavor. The service is always great too.

• Visited April 2014

• Korean first
Southwest Harbor, Maine
“Holy Cow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

I am new to this gelato scene having just tried it for the first time at Gelato Fiasco's competitor across the street in February. My daughter told me I had to try here the next time I was in the area and I am so glad I listened! Even more flavors to choose from here....better atmosphere (more comfy for seating and warmer from decor to staff bios on the wall)....and hands-down better service. And that says a lot because I gave the competitor a great review as well. This will be my Portland go-to spot when I want to indulge in delicious gelato. I may never eat ice cream again.

• Visited March 2014
Portland, Maine
“Always Great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

Knew about this place since brunswick and was so happy when the one in portland opened! every flavor i've had has been amazing, and there is a lot of them. I have always had great service too, they are always so kind and friendly. discounts anytime it is less than freezing.

• Visited January 2014
Portland, Maine
“Worst Gelato I've Had”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

I fell in love with Italian gelato while studying in Italy as a college student. When I first moved to Portland 5 years ago Gelato Fiasco (then only in Brunswick) was the only gelato place in the Portland area. My initial impression was that it was the worst gelato that I've had anywhere. It is also rather overpriced. This impression was confirmed by a recent visit to their newer Portland branch. To be fair, even bad gelato is pretty good but they merit only 2 stars in comparison to the outstanding Gorgeous Gelato across the street.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank FeedTheOwl
Akron, Ohio, United States
“Great Gelato”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

Didn't know gelato was such a big thing in Portland and didn't get. To sample the competition across the street but this was very tasty and they have an incredible selection. Staff was very helpful in defining which selections were gluten free for my wife. We liked all the flavones we tried.

• Visited September 2013