Portland Harbor Hotel
Holiday Inn Portland By The Bay(Portland)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$110
US$243
US$228
  • Pool
Hyatt Place Portland - Old Port(Portland)(Great Value!)
US$228
  • Room Service
Ramada Plaza Portland(Portland)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$185
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
The Westin Portland Harborview(Portland)(Great Value!)
US$173
US$156
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Clarion Hotel(Portland)
US$127
US$116
ClarionHotels
Courtyard Portland Downtown/Waterfront(Portland)(Great Value!)
US$201
US$223
US$195
1,567 results
All reviewstown carchocolate lobstergarden viewfire pitold porthoneymoon suitecar servicestarbucks coffeeportland harborturn down servicevalet parkingbeautiful hotelstreet noisestreet sideperfect locationluxury hotelwithin walking distance
Reviewed 31 May 2013

I stayed here one night with my fiance since he was there for a work meeting.
The hotel is nice. The lobby has a very lovely atmosphere, as does the bar/restaurant area. They have a quaint outdoor courtyard area with tables as well. (Drink prices at happy hour as very reasonable at $5 for a martini)

The location is perfect to walk around the Old Port area (where there are plenty of shops and restaurants). It's only a block or so from the water.

Parking is easy right at the hotel, however the mandatory valet is a little upsetting considering they park your car about 30 feet from where you pull in. I definitely could've done that myself and not paid $16+tip for it. I must say though the valet was extremely courteous.

Our room was standard...king bed, small loveseat, coffee table and desk, with an armoire cabinet for clothes and a small tv. Bathroom was decent with a separate tub and shower and ample counterspace. The shower does splash on the floor though, leaving the bathmat soaked by the time you step out. Not a huge deal, but noticeable. The only negative I'd mention about this room was the location. We were on the first floor not far from the bar/restaurant and on the street side of the building. You can definitely hear street noise (including a night club on the next block) with the windows closed. If quiet is a must for you be sure to ask for a room on the courtyard side.

Wi-fi is complementary (but spotty). Make-you-own coffee in the lobby each morning. Newspapers are also complementary, as is in-town car service (and bicycles too I believe).

I was not unimpressed by any means...it wasn't perfect, but I would stay again now knowing the few little quirks to be sure to address ahead of time.

Room Tip: We were in 117 which is on the street side and not quiet at night. If I stay here again, I would ask for a room along the courtyard or other side of the building.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank KtotheRisten
Reviewed 16 May 2013

This elegant hotel is a gem. Every aspect of our stay was perfect--from the initial greeting to the immaculate, well appointed room to the friendly and professional service; attention was paid to every detail. The hotel is centrally located and within walking distance of many restaurants and shops and even the Friday night street art show; however, complimentary car service is also available if necessary. Most impressive to us was the quality of service and attention by all the staff at all levels--everyone was incredible, helpful and cordial. And the restaurant and bar are not to be missed--terrific food and service and a fun place to have a drink and people watch. We will definitely be returning--we've traveled over the world and the Portland Harbor Hotel is definitely five stars.

Sue and Richard

Reviewed 13 May 2013

Property was great! From the Valet guys to Donald at the front desk (who let us tour some rooms before making a decision) to a quick and easy check out, this was a great stay, The room and bathroom were spacious, clean and comfortable. The king size bed was very comfortable, and the hotel's location couldn't be better. I would definitely recommend this to anyone staying in Portland.

1  Thank Sean R
GKiladjian, General Manager at Portland Harbor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2013

Thank you for your stay, we’re glad you had a great time and appreciate the referral. We will be sure to tell Donald about your positive experience. Please come visit us again soon.

Reviewed 13 May 2013

I've stayed at most every hotel in the Old Port over the last couple of years and was really disappointed by the PHH. It is in a great location, is relatively new and the pre-check in was impressive (a phone call to welcome me upon booking, multiple emails about my upcoming stay). We were deciding between two hotels for our Portland wedding and I was really looking forward to our stay, but the amenities I was expecting just didn't materialize. First, check-in isn't until 4 and checkout at 11 -this is about an hour later on check-in, and one our earlier on check-out, than the other hotel, which when you're away for a couple of nights really does matter. 2. They allow dogs. In theory, fantastic-I own and love my dogs, but when I travel with them, I don't leave them in the hotel room when I'm out. As I found out Saturday night, the PHH doesn't require that you take your dogs with you if you're not in the hotel, because there was a lonely dog right across the hall that started barking when we got off the elevator and didn't stop until its owners came home hours later-the complete opposite of a relaxing stay. 3. I called to take advantage of the in-town car and...no answer. called guest services and they called the valet, no answer. so, no car and no timeframe on when it might be available. 4. the a/c was so loud it almost drowned out the dog-seriously, my fiance asked if it was just our room that sounded like a plane was taking off out of it or....5. they double billed me for a one night stay and 5. the sales folks never returned my voicemails about hosting my post wedding brunch....while many of these things were minor irritants, together, they just meant failure in service, which is what the PHH seems to try to differentiate itself with. The room was nice and all our noise was from within the hotel as we were in a courtyard view; as others have noted, it is nice that the floor wasn't wall to wall carpeting, but nothing in the room was a stand out from the other new hotels in the Old Port-as so many have been constructed in the last few years. While I'll be in town every few weeks until the wedding, I know where I won't be choosing to stay.

5  Thank Lolcle
Reviewed 1 May 2013 via mobile

In Portland with my wife for an event at The State Theatre. We loved our stay in every way. I wish there were a similar hotel in other cool New England cities like Burlington, Northampton, or Portsmouth but everything pales in comparison.
Wonderful friendly service. Heavenly beds. Central location. Even complementary coffee and tea every morning on each floor. Turn in with chocolate lobsters on the pillow. Visit Portland again just to stay here!

• Stayed: April 2013