“Best of Portland”

Portland Harbor Hotel
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Prime location in Old Port section of town; Fabulous in-house restaurant Eve's (The same folks also own Diamond's Edge restaurant on Little Diamond Island. Ask for Pete!) On-site valet parking and many other fine dining spots,bars, and fun dives abound near-by. Rooms are lovely as is staff.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Portland Harbor Hotel

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Portland ME is a happening place, and the Portland Harbor Hotel is right in the middle of it. So much in the middle that the hotel provides ear plugs on its bedside tables. (Things can get a bit roudy after midnight.) We were on an upper floor and didn't need to use them. The rooms are comfortable and spacious, the public spaces are pleasant and well maintained, and the staff is interested in making your stay pleasant. The port area has undergone a renaissance (According to the information provided by the hotel, in the 1960s its roads weren't even ploughed during snowstorms) and has multiple shops and restaurants.

Room Tip: If noise bothers you, then let the hotel know when you make your reservation.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tripalium
GKiladjian, General Manager at Portland Harbor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Thank you for your recent stay, we're glad you found the room comfortable and enjoyed your visit. We agree, Portland has changed a lot, and it's good to know the streets are now plowed in the winter! We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

I stayed at the Portland Harbor Hotel at the end of August while on a business trip to Portland. The hotel itself is beautiful and right in the middle of the Old Port. The room I stayed in was well appointed and very clean. They also turned down the bed each night I stayed and left little chocolate lobsters with a bottle of water (nice touch!). I used the gym facility as well and it was smaller but still very nice. The service, from the front desk to the valet, was all very good in my opinion. A simple call to the front desk each morning and my car was waiting for me when I got downstairs. I saw a lot of reviews about the noise of the nightlife near the hotel, but I didn't notice it really. Great place to stay to get the full experience of Portland.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for choosing the Portland Harbor Hotel, we're glad you enjoyed your visit. We hope you choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

This was our first time in Portland and we were pleasantly surprised at what a lovely city it is and made even more so because of where we stayed. We made our reservations at the last minute after checking out hotels in the old port area and were given a lovely room, (419) overlooking Union Street. The hotel itself is beautiful, the lobby, the restaurant and garden and of course the rooms. It is in a perfect location, just a block from Commercial Street and all the docks, and surrounded by restaurants and little shops. The valet parking was very convenient and reasonable at $16 a night. We stopped in Eve's Garden for a drink before going to dinner and really enjoyed the peaceful atmosphere in the garden with the sound of the fountain in the background.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Stayed here two nights. Very nice hotel. Excellent location. Easy to walk to dinner, the harbor, etc. We had two rooms. Husband and I were in one. Teenage son in another. Both rooms were immaculate and very well appointed. However, one room (corner unit) was more spacious and well laid out. The other was fine for a single person, but for two people would have been a little cramped. Bathrooms seem to have been newly renovated and while small, are very luxurious. Great showers! Staff was extremely pleasant. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2013

This was my first time to visit Portland and the Portland Harbor Hotel was perfect for my stay. It was close to my meetings in the Port area, close to the running trails and had very nice amenities in the hotel and room. Staff was friendly and very helpful and made my stay worth it. Not that they were ready for me to leave, but they even gave me a complimentary ride to the airport when I left. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Chose the Portland Harbor Hotel after thoroughly checking other old port options and so glad we did! The location is excellent with a short walk up to Congress Street or even shorter down to Commercial Street. Either direction offers a huge selection of restaurants and entertainment. The room was spacious, clean and quite comfortable. The staff is very accommodating, even made coffee early one morning so we could take it along to the sunrise boat cruise. The valet is very fast making day trips easy. This was our first trip to Portland but we'll definitely be back and stay here again.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple