“experiencing Portland”

Portland Harbor Hotel
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed 24 August 2009

We have stayed at the PHH several times. The location is great, rooms are comfortable, public spaces attractive, parking is convenient and attendants are excellent. A few things need improvement and renewal - elevator interiors are worn and bedroom seating upholstery is stained - both need work, perhaps total renovation. Restaurant food is good but service is much too slow at times. Concierge could be available earlier - by 9AM or so.

We'll stay again, but look forward to seeing some renewal.

Reviewed 24 August 2009

My local Portland friends suggested we stay there since we were there visiting them with 4 other couples. I am so glad we did. Not only was the service probably the best we had ever received in a fine hotel, but the food and atmosphere made our trip. I thank everyone there for being so sweet and helpful.
Leslie Koon

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 August 2009

My husband and I stayed at the hotel for a long relaxing weekend. We stayed in the new honeymoon suite which was truly beautiful. The colors and layout of the suite create a calming effect as soon as you enter the space. I loved relaxing in the oversized jacuzzi tub with a full view of the fireplace (and television)! The suite is well equipped with a very comfortable bed, large flat screen tv, oversized jacuzzi, gas fireplace, two-headed shower, refrigerator with side-sink, wine glasses, etc.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2009

I have stayed at this hotel a couple of time. They continue to impress every time. From the moment the valet takes your keys to check out, the staff is professional, prompt, and pleasant. The hotel itself is in the ideal location in the heart of the Old Port and one block from the water. No need for a cab when you stay here. What is impressive considering its location is how quiet and peaceful it is inside.

I have also stayed here for business and I must say they are by far the best beds in town. Which is paramount for me when on business travel. Equally important is the food, which is fantastic. They have a new chef who has done a great job with the menu from breakfast to dinner.

All around great location, great service, great food and luxurious accommodations.

Reviewed 18 August 2009

took my hubby here for his bday and bought the Schooner sailing package. The room at the hotel was fabulous, the staff was super friendly and we were just walking distance from the sailboat and the boat ride was spectacular. I read on here the many bad reviews of this hotel and was reluctant at first, but wanted to take a chance and take my hubby to a real nice place and go sailing. The bed was so comfy that I wanted to take it home with me! We had the Garden View Room, ate in the garden area later that night, very beautiful setting! Nothing written in the bad reviews seemed to be true to me, just seems some people are super picky. Had a great experience and my husband loved it!

Reviewed 16 August 2009

Our second stay -- we're big fans. The location is terrific. Ditto the breakfast, the valet service, and the totally on-top-of-it front desk and concierge, who steered us to a cool new resto and promised we've love it, and we did..

Reviewed 14 August 2009