“Outstanding service, great location, amazing rooms and incredible meals.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Portland Harbor Hotel

Portland Harbor Hotel
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Portland
Boston
“Outstanding service, great location, amazing rooms and incredible meals.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2010

Arrived at the PHH during the start of a snow storm on new years day. The following day I got married and the hotel shuttled my guests and I, to and from the ceremony that was across town during the peak of the snow storm. We then had our wedding meal at Eve's. Every one of my guests informed that the meal was the most fantastic wedding meal they have ever had and quite possibly one of the best meals period.
The service was amazing and the kitchen was able to keep up with 28 apps and entrees all arriving at the same time. Again a raging snow storm outside, great everything and a warm fire inside. Truly outstanding. Ryan, Eve's manage had sat down with me the week before and helped pick the wines that we served and facilitated my party in the table groupings that we desired.
Every member of the staff at the hotel from the managers, front desk, concierge, wait staff, bell hops, valet and yes even the cleaners were extremely helpful and friendly.
As for the rooms, I stayed in one of the Executive Suites. It had everything. Gas fireplace, Jacuzzi tub, flat screens, wireless connection, huge shower, king size bed - super comfy. Again this was for our wedding and we chose this suite over the honeymoon as it had a little more room than the Honeymoon suite so we could invite friends/family for a late night toast - we were shown both rooms the week before we booked. My guests were all raving about their rooms which had gorgeous garden views and all the amenities they required.
The gym has tons of equipment. State of the art elliptical and free weights abound. We wanted to get massages @ 9 stones spa however they were fully booked, the res manager called every spa in town and got my wife and I appointments at the time slots we needed at a very trendy spa around the corner - the hotel drove us there and back!! I really can't think of one negative experience. The hotel is beautiful, the staff bend over backwards to help, the atmosphere is relaxed and Eve's is a fantastic restaurant with an incredible chef. They do it all with smiles. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hartford
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2009

The hotel was very pretty, but was experiencing many mechanical failures. The phones in my room didn't work so I had to keep calling long distance on my cell to report problems. The heat was broken and the jacuzzi button was jammed so it kept turning off and on all night. When I called for maintenance (for the third time) I was told someone would be up soon. This was 11pm, and I waitied up for an hour and no one showed. I was told the next morning that the maintenance staff leaves at 11. They internet was also down all night. They offered to take off fifty dollars for one of the rooms, but for the cost it is not worth returning. We also got take out form a local diner beacuse the restaurant food is too fancy for kids.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mainevisitor99
Damariscotta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2009

We have made the Portland Harbor Hotel our "home away from home" on numerous occassions and keep going back - and will! The hotel itself is lovely (especially around the holidays) and the staff couldn't be more friendly or helpful! The Consierge, David, is worth the trip in and of himself!! Three couple (my husband and I are one) go every year to spend a pre-Christmas weekend; going to the Magic of Christmas, shopping and discovering new and wonderful restaurants - and David continues to pull something wonderful from his magic bag of tricks for us to try, see, attend or what have you. Take a minute and be sure you ask his advice, he won't steer you wrong!! Ask the staff for anything, from directions to the mall or where you can find "x" and they will make sure you get the best and esiest directions. Take advantage of the spa and really treat yourself! You'll never go wrong by staying at the Portland Harbor Hotel!!!!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
home
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2009

We walked into a beautiful lobby, checked in with a wonderful person and had an amazing room--see-through fireplace, 2 flat screen tvs, jacuzzi tub with french doors to bed area and from which we could watch tv, couch and table with chairs. One of the nicest places we've ever stayed.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
West Tisbury
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2009

Great intown location. Really nice hotel,great staff. Couldn't ask for more. Will stay here on our next visit to Portland.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
Santa Clarita
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2009

I had a quick two-night business meeting in Portland and the hotel was both the home of the meeting and the accommodations. The hotel did a wonderful job with both the meeting and accommodations.

As an example, my luggage did not make it with me (i had all the essentials in a carry-on), but small things like a toothbrush, deodorant, contact lens solution, a razor, etc all get checked. The front desk clerk, Peter, provided me with all of it and gave me a wonderful room with a great view of Casco Bay.

My bag did arrive the next morning at 6:30am and the hotel signed for it and knowing I had set a wake up call for 8am, did not bother me prior to then. To me, that says a lot.

The location in the Old Port District was excellent. The on-site food was outstanding. Whether conference food, room service, or dining in Eve's Restaurant. The quality was top-notch.

The complimentary town car service to the airport after checking out was another added bonus. I guess I have nothing negative at all to say!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Washington, DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2009

We'd never been to Portland, and made this our base for three days there. Great choice -- our room in the new part of the hotel was beautiful, but what most impressed us was how friendly and helpful every staff member we encountered was. The hotel restaurant was excellent for breakfast and lunch (we went out for dinners), and the fitness center was well equipped. Location is right downtown near the waterfront -- great area for walking and exploring, with cruise ship wharf and harbor nearby. Not inexpensive, but in the category of you get what you pay for. Really liked this place, would go back and would recommend it to friends.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple