1,682 results
All reviews town car garden view chocolate lobster fire pit honeymoon suite old port car service portland harbor starbucks coffee turn down service wharf street valet parking street noise beautiful hotel perfect location luxury hotel fore street
Reviewed 5 January 2018

We stayed and dined at the PHH for our 40th anniversary. We reserved a junior suite, which was very comfortable and nicely decorated. We had wonderful food and service at the restaurant, both for dinner and breakfast. The staff couldn't have been more pleasant and accommodating. They even delivered a card and bottle of champagne to our room, compliments of the hotel. How thoughtful! The valet service was excellent for both arrival and departure. We will definitely return!

Room Tip: I realize this is a boutique hotel and an older building that has been carefully restored. Closet space is limited. Since it was winter, we had heavy coats, that took up a lot of space in the closet. Additional hanging space would be very helpful.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2018

We stayed 3 nights at this hotel and enjoyed it very much. Great location, friendly staff and nicely decorated. Our room was very comfortable and the fireplace came in handy with the below zero temperatures outside the week after Christmas.

Room Tip: Ask for the Honeymoon Suite (even if you are not honeymooners). It was lovely!
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2018

great location. Easy to walk around. The room was very small. Very nice lobby. Gym was just ok. I wouldn't pay a premium to stay here again since there are much more affordable options on the same street.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maya K
Reviewed 1 January 2018

Only one sour note in a 3 day stay: When checking in, I changed rooms from a Garden View to a street side room because there was no garden in sight, but also because I wanted a sofa. I was told that the difference in price would be put on my credit card.The woman who checked me out (who was the only unpleasant person I encountered at PHH) denied that I was owed the difference. I didn't make a fuss.
I booked the Garden Room for its reputation for being noisy. Given that the windows were buttoned up for winter, that wasn't issue. I was on Union St, Fore might have been an issue.
I just love this hotel, it's upscale, but cozy, friendly staff, nice amenities (thank you for the bathrobe) and fabulous location. I will definitely return.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

I booked the Honeymoon Suite for a quick, romantic one night getaway for my boyfriend and I as Portland is just a few hours drive from our home. The valet parking staff were friendly and very efficient. Check in was also a breeze thanks to Cathy at the front desk. She was great! The room was spacious, modern, and the fireplace was a great touch. The bathroom was fantastic. I loved the huge tub that is big enough for two, the very large walk in shower with two shower heads was also great. The only major disappointment with this property came later in the evening. I purchased the romantic turndown service which includes candles, roses, chocolate covered strawberries, and champagne. This service was scheduled to be delivered at 10:15pm and upon entering the room around 10:30, We found the roses, candles, and the bath, but no champagne or strawberries. After a call down to the front desk, they were quickly delivered to the room. I was told that “Room Service simply forgot to deliver the items.” While the front desk was quick to rectify the matter, this was still very disappointing as the element of surprise was lost.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple