“Wow; they give donut a great, quality name!”
Review of The Holy Donut

The Holy Donut
Ranked #2 of 28 Bakeries in Portland
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
Portland, Maine
“Wow; they give donut a great, quality name!”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Like another reviewer said, I am glad that I don't live nearby, or I'd be enormous! Unfortunately (for me) they are carried in most of the coffee shops downtown. Sigh. Leigh, the co-owner, has opened a second location on Exchange Street in the Old Port. That is more dangerous for me as I go to that area more often than the original Park Avenue shop. The flavors are pretty much what Leigh (and the workers?) want that day. She sources the potatoes that are used in the doughnuts from Aroostook County Maine, a Maine native crop. McDonalds can get all the uniform Idaho potatoes it wants, More fore these delectable treats. The bright pink color of the Pomegranate comes from nature, not artificial food dyes. YAY!

• Visited May 2013

natrona heights, pa (slightly north of pittsburgh)
“It's a good thing I don't live close to this place!”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I would eat way too many donuts!
The sweet potato with ginger sugar donut was heavenly. The dark chocolate sea salt as well. There are about eight more flavors I want to try.

• Visited April 2014
Groton, Massachusetts
“Outstanding find”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Ok so the location is central, the decor shabby chic and funky and the donuts..... outstanding. These are heavy filling and delicious. We tried the maple, old fashioned and lemon donuts and loved all of them. This is not Dunkin, this is foodie doughnut heaven :-)

• Visited March 2014
Rutland, Vermont
“Foodies only!”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Unless you want donuts that taste like Pomegranat​e and Sweet Potato Ginger, steer clear! We were expecting donuts made with organic ingredients but instead were greeted with weird flavors and colors that looked and tasted unappealing. Unless you want weird, pick somewhere else!

Visited March 2014
“Excellent donut!”
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

We had to stop here after checking out reviews on Trip Advisor. After telling the gentleman at the counter that we were from North Dakota and had never visited before, he explained all of our choices and what was most popular there. Very friendly staff.

We ended up getting the dark chocolate/sea salt donut and the donut with ginger glaze. The sea salt chocolate donut was amazing! Definitely worth a try if you are anywhere in the area. The ginger glaze was definitely unique and about what I expected...donut with an asian taste.

I will definitely stop here again if we are anywhere close!

Visited March 2014