First of all, Sonya was a great host. (Buddy was away for the weekend). She took care of everything, including making 2 delicious breakfasts. The room was really nice, my only "complaint" was the shower, which was really a small tub with a curtain all around. Not a lot of room to maneuver (especially since I'm 8.5 months pregnant). The bed was super comfortable, and there were 2 extra chairs in the room for sitting/lounging. Flat screen tv with a dvd player in every room, and a huge selection of DVDs to borrow. Beautiful garden out back to relax in the afternoon, and yummy snacks in the afternoon (the chocolate/caramel brownies were amazing!).
Highly recommend the Inn on Carleton for anyone going to Portland. It's a great location with great staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Restored 1869 Victorian located in Portland's historic Western Promenade. A short walk to the Portland museum of art, Maine medical, the arts district, the waterfront with shops and fine restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and Ebookers so you can book your Inn On Carleton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn On Carleton Hotel Portland
- Inn On Carleton Portland, Maine