This is a great place to stay in Portland. It's on the west side in a charming neighborhood that lets you experience Portland as locals would. Cindy is so fun to talk with and has good recommendations. Buddy's breakfasts were better than any of the restaurants we visited. A nice bonus was there were homemade cookies out every day after we toured the city. The staff are very nice and accomodating. We walked everywhere instead of renting a car. It's a 15 min. walk to the Old Port, and we chose different paths each time to see the old victorian-style homes in the neighborhood. We seemed to like the restaurants more on the west side than in Old Port, and they're closer to the inn.
Portland is a great place to visit for a long weekend. Amazing beers, great food and charming city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Restored 1869 Victorian located in Portland's historic Western Promenade. A short walk to the Portland museum of art, Maine medical, the arts district, the waterfront with shops and fine restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Inn On Carleton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn On Carleton Hotel Portland
- Inn On Carleton Portland, Maine