This Inn deserves all of the superlatives lavished on it by other reviewers..We know Buddy from his previous incarnation at the Chadwick. We so enjoyed our stay with him there that we deliberately sought him out for this visit. The rooms are a little darker than those at the Chadwick but the quality of the furnishings and the superb lavish breakfasts will always make us want to return if and when we are in the Portland area. There is a facility for making tea or coffee in the dining/drawing room which is great when you return in the late afternoon after a day's sightseeing. Buddy is assisted by Cindy,the extrovert deputy innkeeper and Caroline who takes care of the cuisine and makes delicious little cakes to help the Earl Grey down at tea time. We should not forget Cindy's daughter, Heather who helps with the housekeeping and at reception. They are a great team.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Restored 1869 Victorian located in Portland's historic Western Promenade. A short walk to the Portland museum of art, Maine medical, the arts district, the waterfront with shops and fine restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Ebookers, Odigeo and Booking.com so you can book your Inn On Carleton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn On Carleton Hotel Portland
- Inn On Carleton Portland, Maine