First time visiting Portland and we made our reservation based on all of the wonderful reviews on TripAdvisor. What a great B&B in a beautiful historic home! We were greeted by Buddy upon arrival who was friendly and carried our bags upstairs. We traveled with another couple and stayed in rooms 1 and 2. Both rooms were beautifully decorated with comfy beds, a sitting area and all the comforts of home. Excellent location and we were given maps of the city as well as great advice on what to see and do while in Portland. Downstairs in the main living room it was a great place to relax and take in the beauty of this home. Thanks for having delicious homemade snacks, water and tea always available for us and thanks for lending us the wine bottle opener so that we could take our wine on our sail boat trip. The breakfast was amazing and delicious! Cindy took excellent care of us each morning. What wonderful hosts! Only regret: wish we could have stayed a couple of days longer. If we ever travel again to Portland we will be returning to the Inn on Carleton!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Restored 1869 Victorian located in Portland's historic Western Promenade. A short walk to the Portland museum of art, Maine medical, the arts district, the waterfront with shops and fine restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Ebookers, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Inn On Carleton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn On Carleton Hotel Portland
- Inn On Carleton Portland, Maine