What a lovely B&B! We had just one night here in September and really liked it. Firstly, we arrived early (about 2 hours before the advertised check-in) and this was no problem at all and our room was ready and they helpfully let us check-in straight away. We were also greeted with some rather exceptional key lime pie cookies - yum yum! Our room was number four - the blue room, which was great. A really high standard of decor and tasteful furnishings, comfy bed, armchair, and large TV with DVD player. Really nice littles touches, like chocolates in the room, and attention to detail, such as the lighthouse shaped nightlight in the bathroom! Breakfast was excellent - I'm still thinking about it several weeks later! We had a wonderful orange, croissant french toast stuffed with a cream cheese frosting - and I'm not doing it justice with my poor ability to describe it! Very friendly hosts throughout our whole stay who also gave us a great restaurant recommendation. Easy 10 minute or so walk to the center of Portland too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Restored 1869 Victorian located in Portland's historic Western Promenade. A short walk to the Portland museum of art, Maine medical, the arts district, the waterfront with shops and fine restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and Ebookers so you can book your Inn On Carleton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn On Carleton Hotel Portland
- Inn On Carleton Portland, Maine