We stayed four days visiting family and found the Inn on Carleton comfortable, welcoming and all that you would expect in a New England B&B. The location is excellent: downtown Portland is very walkable, 295 is minutes in one direction and the Cisco Bay bridge is minutes in the other. The breakfasts are truly gourmet and worthy of cover photos on any foody mag. We very much enjoyed taking tea and coffee in their garden. The rooms are spacious and most comfortable. We agree with others who say the Inn deserves its #1 ranking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Restored 1869 Victorian located in Portland's historic Western Promenade. A short walk to the Portland museum of art, Maine medical, the arts district, the waterfront with shops and fine restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Inn On Carleton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn On Carleton Hotel Portland
- Inn On Carleton Portland, Maine