This place is fabulous. Beautifully decorated, large room with a private bath. The staff is wonderful, friendly and helpful. The breakfast was fabulous, except that they told us that sometimes they serve lobster benedict, and then we were disappointed not to try that! The scones were melt-in-your mouth.
Our only issue was that we were on the third floor and the stairs are EXTEMELY steep - both of us were out of breath when we got to our floor. If you have any health issues, make sure you stay on a lower floor. Because the ceilings are so high, it's a much higher climb than in a standard B&B.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Restored 1869 Victorian located in Portland's historic Western Promenade. A short walk to the Portland museum of art, Maine medical, the arts district, the waterfront with shops and fine restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Ebookers, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Inn On Carleton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn On Carleton Hotel Portland
- Inn On Carleton Portland, Maine