Inn On Carleton
Portland Regency Hotel & Spa(Portland)(Great Value!)
US$152
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Place Portland - Old Port(Portland)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$138
  • Room Service
US$130
Ramada Plaza Portland(Portland)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$79
US$141
  • Pool
Portland Harbor Hotel(Portland)(Great Value!)
US$137
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Portland By The Bay(Portland)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$111
  • Pool
US$192
US$171
  • Breakfast included
The Westin Portland Harborview(Portland)(Great Value!)
US$177
US$138
  • Room Service
US$171
US$152
All reviewspastryb bbreakfast was deliciouseggs benedictgreat hostswest endold porta wonderful stayeach morningelectric fireplacetwo nightsdvd playerthird floornew englandhomemade granolaquiet neighborhoodbed and breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 February 2011

My husband and I had a great stay at the Inn On Carleton. It was so relaxing. Our room was so comfortable and cozy and the gas fireplace added to the ambience. Buddy is a great host. We had delicious brownies and cookies on the afternoon of our arrival and a delicious breakfast in the morning. Buddy was a great host. Wish we had stayed longer. We are planning to return!

Reviewed 1 February 2011

My wife and I enjoyed our stay very much--not only is Portland a great town--the Inn on Carleton was a great place to stay.

Buddy was an excellent host who made us feel at home.

The breakfast was excellent and the recently renovated rooms displayed the owner's love and care.

On a more practical note, we were supposed to stay two nights but were unable to do so. Buddy didn't penalize us for the missed night, which I truly appreciated and displayed his character.

I would recommend this place to anyone.

Reviewed 28 January 2011

My boyfriend and I went to Portland for a weekend getaway, and the Inn on Carleton was a great home base. From the lovely welcoming note (we got in very late) to the chocolate chip cookies left out every night, everything about the Inn was warm, easygoing and relaxed in all the best ways. We only made it down for breakfast one of the mornings we were there, but that breakfast stands out as one of my favorite meals of the weekend. The blueberry french toast was just divine, and Buddy was a wonderful host.

The hotel is about a 15 minute walk from most of the shops and restaurants downtown. This wasn't a bother at all, as Portland is a lovely city, but you should definitely bring walking shoes!

I have nothing but good things to say about Buddy and the Inn on Carleton. If you're looking for a B&B experience, this is as good as it gets.

Reviewed 27 January 2011

My husband and I needed to get away for a couple of days. We chose the Inn on Carleton in the west end area of Portland, Maine. From the time we walked in the inn's foyer we were well taken care of my the innkeeper, Buddy Marcum and his staff. Someone was always available. Our guest room was lovely and tastefully appointed. It had every amenity we needed. We had dinner in Portland and then returned for a most needed restful night of sleep. The next morning Buddy served us the most delicious blueberry popovers with a vanilla sauce. We hated to have to leave but we will return for another visit as soon as we can.

Reviewed 24 January 2011

The Inn on Carleton was clean, cozy, and warm. The rooms and decor has been updated and Buddy is a superb host/owner who is happy to chat with you and always aims to please. We loved our stay there and would gladly recommend this Inn to anyone!

- Ashley and Jeff