“A Portland Must....When you have guests in town...”
Review of Fore Street

Fore Street
Ranked #18 of 155 things to do in Portland
More attraction details
Owner description: Street full of fun stores and art!
Reviewed 9 November 2013

It is what it is....Fore Street.....If you have lived in Portland for any time...you have traveled through the up's and down's of FS. The space is great....the food is OK.....sometimes Great...sometimes..whatever....It's part of the Dana Street Empire....

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Fire Street is not a romantic restaurant; it's a superb place to eat. I've had several dinners at this restaurant with a friend from Manhattan who says it's better than anyplace in NYC, and I agree.

Superb steaks, great sides, top-notch service without interruptions.

Highly recommended.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Fore Street is legend unto itself. Food is fresh, prepared well but I think they are over priced. I mean really, how can a chicken be almost $40.00?? Organic or not, that is over priced. The last time I was there their famous wood roasted mussels were so SMALL and not as good as they use to be. The place has a great atmosphere, is lively, open kitchen, well prepared food, but be prepared to spend at least $150.00 plus for 2 if you want it all.....appetizers, drinks, entree. Great for special occasions. Make reservations well in advance...two to three weeks..... if you want to go. I have been here several times but over the years I have found MANY eateries that have equally as good for less and I am not a cheap person.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

I fell like i go to school every time i get to eat there. I can only imagine how much they train their staff to make the whole experience come out that great time and time again.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

A friend recommend this. I now know why. First piece of advice: make a reservation months ahead of time, the place is booked. Second, if you don't do that, get there at opening time and put your name in for a table. After about 6PM, you are lucky to get a table for 10PM.

They have an open kitchen with a wood fire- very unique and cool to see that.

It is loud in the whole restaurant, and some of the tables are very close, so it is not exactly romantic.

I had the iron steak, which was a bit grill burnt, but still delicious. The greens that came with it were delicious, as well as the bean salad I had for an appetizer. Everything was delicious as can be expected at this class of restaurant.

Our server was polite and very attentive, making our dining experience pleasant and comfortable.

It is a place that I'd want to eat anytime I am in Portland.