“Consistently Good - but need to book ahead if you want a table”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Fore Street

Fore Street
Ranked #15 of 146 things to do in Portland
More attraction details
Owner description: Street full of fun stores and art!
Coastal Massachusetts
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Consistently Good - but need to book ahead if you want a table”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

While vacationing in Portland, we consistently put Fore Street on our list of restaurants to hit and it never disappoints. Their mussels are heavenly and dipping their rustic bread into the broth of the dish is simply an exquisite experience. Excellent wine list. Cocktails were a little sparse on this last visit as they were out of two signature cocktails, but they do have a full bar available. Only downside is trying to get a table. Need to book well in advance (ideally 30-60 days in advance). Tables are set aside nightly to accommodate walk-ins, but you need to check in by 5pm. We always arrive just after 5pm, and the wait suddenly jumps to an 1.5 hour wait. Hence, we always eat at the bar. Overall, great meal with great service.

Roanoke, Virginia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Lots of nice shops”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

We visited lots of quirky and interesting shops close to the wharf. After lots of seafood we had lunch in a Mexican place which was not bad.

1 Thank Nibiru888
Middletown, Connecticut
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 104 helpful votes
“Creative menu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

This place creates a new menu each day. You walk in and there is an open kitchen with a spit over a wood fired stove. Since they boast using locally grown and raised food, i had the charcuterie plate and my husband had the smoked seafood plate for apps, then I had a duck plate and my husband had roast pork. Everything delicious, amazing blends of flavor and beautiful presentation. Yes, we're in a seaport, and we love seafood, but this place made us want meat! They only take a limited number of reservations in order to make tables available to walk-ins, but if you arrive early you can get seated quickly. Best eating experience in a long time!

Denmark, Maine
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Delicious, easy walk, not crowded yet.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

You never know what you will find. Gorgeous Gelato was incredible, found a small eating place, a psychic who was right on, Cool as a Moose t-shirts. This is not your typical tourist 'trap' with plastic souvenirs. I had lots of time to talk and catch up with my friend.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Fantastic Dinner for Large Party of 9”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

The open kitchen design and daily fresh fish, means, fruits, and vegetables was unique and fun. I had the red fish that was the best fish dish I have ever had. Granted I am from the Southwest, but it was excellent...and memorable. When I return to Portland I will definitely make a point to go back to Fore Street!