1,682 results
All reviews great location front desk old port valet parking standard bakery standard baking company within walking distance casco bay lines commercial street ferry terminal water view valet service downtown waterfront directly across the street fore street breakfast buffet the entire staff
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I had a fantastic impression of this hotel before I ever entered it. I had some questions prior to my arrival regarding decorating the hotel room to surprise my two girlfriends and I was fortunate enough to speak with Meghan. I knew by the end of our conversation I was going to be impressed when I arrived. I was not disappointed! The room was incredible, the decor included very comfy beds, a great sectional sofa and free wireless internet. The breakfast buffet the next morning offered oatmeal,fresh omelets, a fruit bar and of course delicious Belgium waffles! Upon checkout Meghan let me know she applied my stay to my rewards card that wasn't previously attached. I was so impressed I am returning this weekend! In regards to location it is the best hands down, located directly across the street from RiRa restaurant and bar where we ate and danced all night then we walked the old port shopping all day Saturday stopping along for coffee and lunch. SUPERB!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank TammyLooHoo
HiltonGardenInnGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Downtown Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear TammyLooHoo,

Thank you so much for posting a review on line. We are pleased to read that you found our hotel so comfortable, and that you received top notch service from Meghan, she is a star! We look forward to seing you again soon.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Welcome is warm and professional, hotel lobby is clean and comfortable, there are large screen computers available for use in case you don't have a smartphone/laptop. Hotel in general seemed clean (I only stayed one night and didn't have time to partake in the gym/other amenities), my room was very clean and quiet. Wifi was included (YAY!) and was reliable, TV (what little I watched) worked fine.

My only complaint: the Charbux coffee in the lobby in the morning was viciously awful, but then again that's Charbux for me. I hate that stuff. In a city with such a local roaster culture, you'd think they'd support their local merchants. Went to Crema and had an outstanding latte (a few blocks away) instead.

Location is great, everything is a short walk away. Overall, a very nice place to stay in Portland.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
HiltonGardenInnGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Downtown Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Dear Michel93,

Thank you for providing feedback in regards to your recent stay with us! We are pleased to read that you enjoyed yourself while you were here, and hopefully next time you can spend an extra couple of nights and enjoy our fitness center along with our heated salt water pool and hot tub!

Reviewed 20 January 2014

My husband and I stayed her in late November last year and we couldn't have been more pleased with our choice of hotel. Clean, spacious rooms, incredibly comfortable. Great food and a great cocktail bar and above all a FANTASTIC STAFF who couldn't do enough for us and really did make our stay a very memorable one.

On our next trip to Portland (love this place!!) we'll definitely be returning to this hotel - can't praise it enough.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Vivaldi1066,

Thank you for your positive review! We value your feedback, and are thrilled to read that you will be joining us again. I am happy to note that you found us so clean, comfortable, and friendly!The entire team does an excellent job and they will be pleased to read your kind words.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 20 January 2014

welcoming, friendly staff, delicious oat bars at the front desk, excellent amenities, bar, restaurant. even has a washer and dryer. i love the hotel and the location. would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Irina D,

Thank you for your glowing review! We are pleased to read that you enjoyed many of our amenities, including our mixed berry welcome bars, they are always a hit! We look forward to welcoming you again when you are back in Portland, Maine.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

Management was great, they read this review, understood the issue and reached out to make changes.

Lots of new hotels popping up in Portland, but i am happy here. Unlike other trendy cities of its size Portland has different areas that are becoming food hubs. I may not spend much time in the touristy part of Portland these days but this is a perfect central location to all the great little hidden food gems in town. ( and Tandem coffee!) Duck fat is still great but the tour busses are an issue its gotten so popular and i am afraid Eventide is getting too hip and precious for its reviews so while an 8 iron away from the hotel ...for now at least i am enjoying other food in town.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear walker M,

Thank you for posting an on line review. We are pleased and gratified to read that you enjoyed your over all stay so much. We are glad to note that you will continue to stay with us, we love to build long term relationships with our guests. We look forward to your next trip.