“Delicious ice cream and fun, friendly atmosphere”
Review of Captain Sam's

Captain Sam's
Ranked #10 of 24 Dessert in Portland
Description: Phone (207) 619-7211
Description: Phone (207) 619-7211
Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

We loved Captain Sam's! We recommend the salty caramel and the blueberry. There's a tiny cone called a Sammy that's perfect for kids. The small cone was also a generous portion. The artwork and decor was adorable and staff was very sweet to my two girls and friendly to all of us even with it close to closing time. This visit was the perfect end to a Sunday in Portland.

1  Thank meeshpay

Reviewed 22 April 2013

From the alligator (statue) holding a cone outside to the array of flavors, Captain Sam's home made ice creams make one want to order a quadruple cone, if such a thing is doable. Located along the waterfront, it's convenient to cruise passengers as well as locals

Reviewed 19 October 2012

I love Captain Sam's and bring foodie tours in here to sample the sheer talent of Karen Morgan and her kids! They create the most interesting flavors, so unique, you just never know what you are going to find. Treat yourself. It's just fun.

Reviewed 14 October 2012

I stopped at Captain Sam's yesterday, while enroute to Peak's Island. After sampling a couple of flavors, I settled on a vanilla/bourbon/chocolate chip/pecan icecream. I'm from Vermont, home to Ben and Jerry's. I can be pretty picky about my icecream, but this was delicous. The young lady who waited on us (Patricia?) would make a great tour guide. She lives on Peak's Island and was happy to answer our questions about island life.

In summary, it was delicious ice cream and friendly service.

Reviewed 6 October 2012

Was delicious! My partner had coffee Heath bar and both were exceptional. The ice cream was homemade with fresh ingredients. I cream lovers were very happy.

Been to Captain Sam's? Share your experiences!