“Great to know where your frozen yogurt comes from”
Review of GoBerry Maine - CLOSED

GoBerry Maine
Price range: US$2 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch
Description: GoBerry is Portland's first fresh, tart frozen yogurt. Located in the heart of the city's Old Port, it adds to an already vibrant food scene along Portland's waterfront. GoBerry is a local, family owned and operated business. Their mission is to supply Southern Maine and the surrounding community with a Maine-made product while supporting local farms and businesses whenever possible. The milk and yogurt used to make GoBerry yogurt is exclusively supplied by Smiling Hill Farm of Westbrook, Maine. GoBerry is produced with the freshest ingredients, all natural dairy products, and made on site with real fruit, no artificial ingredients and does not include any hydrogenated oils. On any given day, GoBerry offers a variety of yogurt flavors including, original (a plain tart greek-like yogurt) and other frequently rotated flavors such as pumpkin, nutella, strawberry, blueberry and coconut. Seasonal and local toppings are always offered and are frequently changing. In addition, many topping main stays are always stocked such as coconut, granola, chocolate chips, and mochi.
Reviewed 9 June 2014

So, you get to see a picture of the local farm that this place gets its milk from. Not a chain, but a locally owned place. The original flavor was suitably tart and the fruit toppings were excellent. There were a couple of chain froyo places in the downtown area, but we were lucky to stumble into one that had the Maine connection.

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

For many reasons, walking with my wife in downtown Portland, Maine and finding GoBerry was serendipitous. This Froyo place is a gem, and without a doubt, it is the best Froyo I have ever had.

There were just four simple flavors: chocolate, strawberry, blueberry, and plain/tart. My wife got the plain, and I got the blueberry. They were both very fresh, refreshing, and delicious. Definitely a '5' for taste.

For value, this place is also a '5'. Considering it is in a tourist location, downtown Portland, Maine, the prices here were very reasonable, and we also liked that there are small sizes. Kiddie size (which makes for a nice treat/snack) is $2, small $3 (which for me was plenty and amounted to a good, standard size Froyo serving), medium $4, and large $5.

Service was quick and friendly.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

After going to Orange Leaf, GoBerry just isn't the same. They have minimal flavors (4 when I was there), where as Orange Leaf has over 12 varieties. I'm sorry, but I won't be going back to this one.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

My wife and I were traveling through Portland and stopped in for some frozen yogurt and were delighted by our experience. The product was superior to other frozen yogurts I've had and the restaurant is vintage Portland.

The product is fresh, taste's great (not too sweet and not tart). I've been disappointed by my experiences with Yogurino and PinkBerry, as I find their yogurt to be tart. At GoBerry, I had watermelon with granola and a pineapple with raspberries and it was delicious. It was fresh, as the milk was apparently from a local farm and the flavors were mixed that morning.

We may have to move them to Philadelphia! GoBerry is the place to go if you want something delicious, local, and a nice break from the typical frozen yogurt and ice cream shops.

1  Thank James N
Reviewed 17 August 2013

I've sampled many, many frozen yogurt products in different states, but this is far and away the BEST I've ever tasted. First of all, the froyo itself is very fresh, uses local (non-hormone-added) milk from Smiling Hill Farm, and the toppings are added per order by the staff so everything is very sanitary...there are lots of choices of toppings, from a wide selection of fresh nuts to fresh seasonal fruit to several types and sizes of chocolate bits, syrups, to more creative toppings like toasted coconut to standard "fun" toppings like gummy bears. There are generally just four flavors of the froyo on any given day, with the "original" a constant - my favorite - a tart froyo perfectly balanced in flavor, smooth in consistency, and the perfect setting for toppings. I indulge frequently in GoBerry's frozen yogurt and have never had any elsewhere that came up to the quality of this. In addition, the staff is fabulous and very friendly. The only drawbacks are that it is located in the quaint Old Port section of Portland, Maine and parking is tricky, so plan it out by having money for the meter (well worth it!) and reading the parking signs if you park on the nearby streets. There is a parking garage almost next door to GoBerry, as well. The only other drawback? You may well become a GoBerry addict, as we have become in our family. It really is the best of its kind. (Note: At times, a local organic soup is also offered.)