“Didn't take the time to serve.”
Review of Speckled Ax

Speckled Ax
Ranked #129 of 636 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American
Description: Brand new coffee shopBeautiful interior, shiny new equipment, freshly roasted coffees, friendly staff. This new shop deserves attention. The coffee is individually prepared, clean and fresh tasting. The decaf was perfect! The owner and his assistant, Bethany, are very friendly!!!
Reviewed 3 November 2013

My boyfriend and myself stopped in on a cold evening. . we walked in about an hour before closing time and the owner was there and instead of being helpful/friendly to serve us he told us to hurry up he was closing. we mentioned that it was not yet closing time and he said 'but its not busy so were closing early' so we frustrated and confused to why he would not just serve us before cleaning up. As we were leaving another couple popped their head in and he told them 'we're closed'. dude...that could have been four new loyal customers who now you've lost. We walked right over to starbucks and they served us with a smile when we came in.

1  Thank learn2lovethis

Reviewed 27 September 2013

I had a few hours to kill while in Portland, so i dropped into the Speckled Axe. The staff was incredibly friendly and the space is very comfortable to spend time in. I liked the touch of fizzy water they serve you when you order your coffee. I had a tasty soy latte.
They played great music, not too loudly, and the wifi was consistent and functioning well.
It seemed folks dropped by to either meet up with others, get some work done, read a book, or just swing in to grab their daily dose of caffeine. All in all, two thumbs up.
I really dig the decor as well.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Nice people, GREAT coffee, cozy atmosphere without looking like an overly-puffed-up-plushed-up-Starbucks. I was recently in town for five days and I came here a couple of different times. I had a great experience each time.

Reviewed 4 July 2013

AMAZING coffee, we're real glad we stumbled upon it on our last trip to Portland! The decoration is not 100% that's the only reason I'm not giving it 5 stars, the staff, service and coffee was perfect.

Reviewed 9 March 2013

<3 Try to stop here <3 Been here a number of times now and interestingly, I have not had the coffee (I'm on a tea-kick)! However, everyone who has been with me has had the coffee and they love it! I like that they have Standard Baking Co treats.