“Charming and lovely apartment”
other travellers have booked this property
Kitchen View Living Room
Bathroom
City View
View towards Deckette
Walkway to Courtyard
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Hotchick1...
“Great location”
Reviewed 31 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

The location is fabulous! Cozy kitchen, beds okay, bathroom could use a cleaning of all the previously used bars of soap, expired medications. The main problem was a burnt out entry light. This was above our third floor entry so we walked up the stairs in the dark. When I contacted the owner she said they were working on correcting that problem. Never saw them working on it and when we read their guest journal it looks like an ongoing problem not being taken care of for years!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
1 Sep 2016
We are very sorry that you were less than satisfied and that the hallway light became such an element of your vacation (main problem). Please know that it is not a neglected issue ... it has been repaired in the past and now apparently is acting up again. I'm sure it was handy that each set of keys has an LED flashlight on them (walking up in the dark) ... again sorry .... happy trails ...
Mindy R
Falmouth, MA
“Charming and lovely apartment”
Reviewed 12 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015

We stayed here with friends during a short getaway in Portland. The apartment is spacious, well-equipped, and very charming, and was the perfect size for two couples. It's also in a great location - walking distance to downtown Portland, but with some nice restaurants and shops (and even a brewery) just a block or two away. The hosts are very thoughtful and accommodating, and clearly have put a lot of effort into making this apartment a fun and comfortable place to stay. I hope we have the opportunity to stay here again!

michaeljs...
Acton, Massachusetts
“Perfect home base for exploring Portland!”
Reviewed 12 December 2014 for a stay in May 2014

The apartment was central to an enjoyable weekend getaway for two couples.

Comfortable, convenient, clean, it was exactly what we hoped for when we were looking for a place to stay.

How easy was key pickup/access to the property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
leeinnyc8...
New York City, New York
“A Relaxing Retreat”
Reviewed 10 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014
person found this review helpful

My friends and I came to Portland to celebrate my birthday and to getaway from the hustle and bustle of our regular routines. The house is located just outside the downtown area on one of the main streets. It was close enough to walk to everything, but located in a mainly residential neighborhood, so it was pretty quiet.

The apartment itself is exactly as it looks in the pictures. My friends loved the kitchen and snapped photos of it to keep in mind for their own places. I loved all the reclaimed wood furnishings. It felt like a country home. The owners definitely had a sense of humor and touch of whimsy when decorating the place. There was the drawing of the moose and the moose "poop" and the tiny yellow chickens in the shower. I liked that there were plenty of hooks all over to hang our belongings. Since it is located on the top floor, the roof is angled and creates interesting spaces and angles in the apartment. We really felt at home here. On our first day, we were pretty tired, so we ended up falling asleep in the living room in the afternoon sun.

My only issue was that the two twin beds in the smallest bedroom were really uncomfortable. It's best to go with close friends or as couples so you can bunk up in the two larger beds. A couple of things to note, even though it wasn't an issue for us, the stairs up to the 3rd floor are steep and there are no curtains in the living and kitchen areas.

I didn't meet the owners but found them friendly and quick over email and phone. When I asked for late check-out because I didn't want to carry all my new purchases around the city before my flight, they checked the rental schedule and allowed me to stay for a few more hours. I would definitely stay here again.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The decor and furnishings
Liked least: the twin beds
Peter S
“Comfortable, convenient, and creative!”
Reviewed 18 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014

Stayed here with my fiance, a long time friend of hers, and another couple. The three girls were bridesmaids in a wedding in the downtown Portland area and this could not have been a more convenient location to stay. We were able to have our own place away from the high-energy activity of the bridal party, but still be close enough to walk everywhere. We didn't even need a rental car for a 3 day trip to the area, which is amazing given the many locations (I must have visited at least 20 restaurants/bars in 3 days). Not only is there a great coffee shop and convenience store around the corner, but the Rising Tide brewery or Novare Res Bier Cafe are both within 10-15 minutes walking, and we were only two blocks from the beautiful cathedral where the couple was wed. But that's enough on convenience. You get it.

As for comfort, I rarely find a bed that gives me as good a rest as my giant memory foam at home, but I fell asleep with no problems, and other guests reported the same. Everything was very cozy without being too small, the furniture was comfortable, and everything was very clean and in good working condition.

And creativity--this is the WOW factor here. The hosts left notes about everything everywhere. In some ways, this could come off as very Type A or overbearing, but this was not the case. They were purely helpful, with good tips on the area or for going out, and with great information on the place overall. And the notes all had a common "theme" with the personal handwriting touch accenting the creatively decorated apartment. I can't even describe it to it's full justice.

Stop reading my review. Just rent the place. You won't regret it.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
342HVMC
Halifax, Canada
“Charming...”
Reviewed 12 September 2014 for a stay in August 2014

Lovely place for informal and relaxing "end of a busy day " accommodation. We were able to live in this apartment for 5 days in comfort. Wifi and kitchen (well stocked with utensils) were a bonus. Picture on website doesn't do justice to the bathroom. It worked well for 5 people. We would choose this place again.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Onecub
“Great apartment near downtown Portland, Maine.”
Reviewed 6 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014

Great super clean apartment 5 minutes from downtown Portland and 3 minutes to the eastern promenade. Nice full kitchen plus a lot of little touches that made our stay very enjoyable.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing