“Best Lobster Roll”

Eventide Oyster Company
Ranked #26 of 616 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Just opened and is owned by Hugo's next door. Excellent "tapas" small plate seafood. Oysters from Maine and away. Incredible cured Artic Char.
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Eventide is a small restaurant that doesn't take reservations, but is worth the wait if you're there at a busy time. This restaurant is so tasty that I made a special trip for the lobster roll and oysters traveling back from Florida to Wisconsin. The staff is very friendly, oysters are great and the lobster roll with brown butter vinaigrette...amazing. Oysters are just so good here and I had a ton around the area. After several visits to Portland the past four months, Eventide is one of my favorites. On my last visit, I had a local accompany me who raved about the chowder and roll. The oyster roll should also not be missed. If you are able to go at an off time, it makes the experience that much more personal. One of my faves.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,607)

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Maine boasts the best oysters in the US and this is the perfect place to get them! The menu is pretty much all oyster based, so don't go there expecting to get anything else. It's a lovely spot to stop for a drink and a plate of raw oysters before continuing on with your sightseeing!
After lobster, oysters in Maine is the thing you should definitely try!

Reviewed 2 March 2014

While staying in Portland, my boyfriend and I popped in to try their oysters. They were excellent, especially the tabasco ice. But the real winner for me was the chickpea fries. I've never tried anything like it! Really great service and great beer/wine selection.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

love me some oysters... love me some tabasco shaved ice... extremely awesome beers on tap. super cool spot and well worth the wait for the bar.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Best Lobster roll ever!!! We also had their special Mackerel stew which was delicious. With the right amount of spices. They have some cool drinks which are perfect and refreshing.