“Raw bar and more; great cocktails”

Eventide Oyster Company
Ranked #11 of 621 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Just opened and is owned by Hugo's next door. Excellent "tapas" small plate seafood. Oysters from Maine and away. Incredible cured Artic Char.
Portland, Maine
“Raw bar and more; great cocktails”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

This is a small place with a big selection of oysters, a fabulous but not traditional lobster roll, and other small plates. Lots of good draft beer, mostly local, and great cocktails.

Visited April 2014

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Asheville, North Carolina
“Roasted or raw: perfect”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Inventive Fresh preparations and ingredients. Tasty. The fried oyster bub, the homemade chips, the draughts. Perfect.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Where's the squid?”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I was treated to my first ever oyster, and then ordered the squid, coleslaw, and the battered hake. I'm sure the oyster was quality and it just didn't suit my taste (to me it tasted like an old sea and engine oil soaked rope, and yes, I do know what that tastes like, having grown up on the sea). The coleslaw I thought quite good, as was the hake. However, the squid was a small puddle of pretension smothered in some sauce, so I couldn't taste the squid at all, and actually washed off the sauce by dipping my squid in my water. Not only could I not taste any squid, I couldn't tell if what I was eating was squid or some julienned vegetable. Sad. I loved squid and octopus, too, and it does have it own subtle taste which needs coaxing out, not smothering.

miami, fl
“Delicious (all of it)”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

So we had Oysters at another location (see my review of J's Oysters) and were not fully satisfied so we decided to go here. Firstly everywhere is Portland is small and seating limited so i would assume on a weekend these places are slammed. This place is a foodie delight,.

We ordered the following:

Variety of local oysters, now based on the menu posted you can see they are a little expensive but let me tell you they were amazing. we got the shaved Siracha sauce OMG you will love it if you love spicy.

Fried mussels, very small but the plate had about 10 on it and they were melt in your mouth delicious.

Lobster roll, now this thing was outrageous!!! Only issue here is that for 14$ i think it is too small, the waitress did tell me it was small but 2 bites small each is tough to swallow. I did split it with someone else because we were on a food revolution and were eating at multiple places that night.

Bottom line a must visit - great food, great service, just great.

Waukesha
“Best Lobster Roll”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Eventide is a small restaurant that doesn't take reservations, but is worth the wait if you're there at a busy time. This restaurant is so tasty that I made a special trip for the lobster roll and oysters traveling back from Florida to Wisconsin. The staff is very friendly, oysters are great and the lobster roll with brown butter vinaigrette...amazing. Oysters are just so good here and I had a ton around the area. After several visits to Portland the past four months, Eventide is one of my favorites. On my last visit, I had a local accompany me who raved about the chowder and roll. The oyster roll should also not be missed. If you are able to go at an off time, it makes the experience that much more personal. One of my faves.

• Visited March 2014