“Awesome Oyster Bar”

Eventide Oyster Company
Ranked #11 of 607 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Drinks, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Just opened and is owned by Hugo's next door. Excellent "tapas" small plate seafood. Oysters from Maine and away. Incredible cured Artic Char.
“Awesome Oyster Bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Headed in on a rainy Saturday looking to kill some time and grab a drink and a bite. The restaurant is small, and has a window bar which we found 2 seats at. We put our names in to sit at a table, but then 2 spots opened in front of the window. It was just what we were looking for and the waitress came over pretty quickly. We asked for oyster recommendations as we like them bigger and juicier. She gave us three excellent recommendations. 2 from Maine and 1 from MA. They were awesome and each had their own distinctive taste.
In addition we ordered the tuna crudo and Artic Char....both yummy. Definitely a thumbs up on this spot! Service was with a smile and helpful in every way

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Portland, Maine
“Raw bar and more; great cocktails”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

This is a small place with a big selection of oysters, a fabulous but not traditional lobster roll, and other small plates. Lots of good draft beer, mostly local, and great cocktails.

Visited April 2014
Asheville, North Carolina
“Roasted or raw: perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Inventive Fresh preparations and ingredients. Tasty. The fried oyster bub, the homemade chips, the draughts. Perfect.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Where's the squid?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

I was treated to my first ever oyster, and then ordered the squid, coleslaw, and the battered hake. I'm sure the oyster was quality and it just didn't suit my taste (to me it tasted like an old sea and engine oil soaked rope, and yes, I do know what that tastes like, having grown up on the sea). The coleslaw I thought quite good, as was the hake. However, the squid was a small puddle of pretension smothered in some sauce, so I couldn't taste the squid at all, and actually washed off the sauce by dipping my squid in my water. Not only could I not taste any squid, I couldn't tell if what I was eating was squid or some julienned vegetable. Sad. I loved squid and octopus, too, and it does have it own subtle taste which needs coaxing out, not smothering.

miami, fl
“Delicious (all of it)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

So we had Oysters at another location (see my review of J's Oysters) and were not fully satisfied so we decided to go here. Firstly everywhere is Portland is small and seating limited so i would assume on a weekend these places are slammed. This place is a foodie delight,.

We ordered the following:

Variety of local oysters, now based on the menu posted you can see they are a little expensive but let me tell you they were amazing. we got the shaved Siracha sauce OMG you will love it if you love spicy.

Fried mussels, very small but the plate had about 10 on it and they were melt in your mouth delicious.

Lobster roll, now this thing was outrageous!!! Only issue here is that for 14$ i think it is too small, the waitress did tell me it was small but 2 bites small each is tough to swallow. I did split it with someone else because we were on a food revolution and were eating at multiple places that night.

Bottom line a must visit - great food, great service, just great.