“Every detail of the food, service and atmosphere is an experience”
Review of Pat's Meat Market

Pat's Meat Market
Ranked #106 of 617 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$4 - US$15
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Cumberland Center, Maine
“Every detail of the food, service and atmosphere is an experience”
Reviewed 24 January 2014

This is a place where you'll actually feel comfortable and enjoy trying everything on the menu. The chef clearly enjoys creating, not only food, but the whole experience. I've consistently had great service, tasty food and satisfying experiences at Pat's Café.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank AllieAy

Windham, Maine
“Amazing Once Again”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Years ago my wife and I used to eat here when we first started dating. As time went on we heard that it had been sold and the food was not as good as it had once been. We recently heard it was back in the hands of the original owner and we tried it again. Having dinner here again after all those years was like seeing an old friend again. We love Pats and it is one of the few gems left in Portland that is intimate and wonderful to eat at. We have a few favorites but this is one of the top two. My favorite part is its not in downtown Portland which is always a nightmare and depressing to go to. Portland has become a place to avoid in recent years in my opinion. The food is great, price is right and service is wonderful. So glad Pats is back.

• Visited December 2013
4 Thank Architectdave
Portland, Maine
“Lovely atmosphere, fantastic service - mostly: Stellar food quality and presentation”
Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

So fresh! The seafood (cooked to perfection - not overdone).... Local vegetables and meat from the historically acclaimed butcher downstairs. I come every week for my favorite: Ocean Primavera (delicate blend of al dente vegetables, tasty local seafood and fresh pasta!)

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Lesliefreda
Columbia, Maryland
“Decent food, but service varies.”
Reviewed 15 June 2013

As far as the food, my husband and I were split. Mine was very good, his was ok. The ribeye steak isn't seasoned in any way, although it was cooked accurately. The only "flavor" came from a horseradish sauce that didn't taste like horseradish. Considering how potent that stuff is, he was disappointed. I had a mushroom pasta dish and enjoyed it, and we both agreed that the grilled zucchini was very good. Our main problem was the server. I don't know if she was new, but she would disappear for at least 10-15 minutes at a time (as in not even in sight to be flagged down) and didn't come to check on us until our meal was basically finished. Another server had to offer to bring us bread. When she finally came to check on us we requested the check and it took a little over 10 minutes for return with it. Nice enough girl, but watching diners that arrived after us leave before us was a bit tedious. I'd still recommend it, but if you get our waitress, you my have to chase her down. ;-)

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Cristal0505
Cape Elizabeth, Maine
“Local haunt with fine dining flavor”
Reviewed 27 April 2013 via mobile

A great neighborhood gem with a menus of fresh tastes, and an incredibly attentive staff without being intrusive.
Need help with a wine? Aske the bartender. She'll come to your table. Not sure about a dish? Ask the staff. They'll give you a honest and heartfelt response.
A place every neighborhood should have- fine dining tastes and service that you can show up in Jammie's if you want.

• Visited April 2013