“A lot of fun!”

Taste The Town Portland Beer Tour
Ranked #1 of 26 Food & Drink in Portland
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Welcome to The Maine Brew Bus. Maine's Original Brew Bus proudly offering Brewery Tours in Portland, Maine and beyond! Whether you're an amateur or a connoisseur, you'll want to join us on The Maine Brew Bus for a unique experience discovering Maine's booming craft alcohol scene. We'll introduce you to your new favorite beer plus the friendly faces responsible for its production. We're more than just a designated driver, we're your expert tour guides on an all-inclusive adventure. Tours are led by knowledgeable guides and feature stops at Maine producers, including breweries, distilleries, wineries, bars, and more, showcasing the best our local scene has to offer. Most tours feature a local snack or meal, trivia, behind-the-scenes experiences, and of course delicious beer and beverages!
Phippsburg, Maine
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A lot of fun!”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We had a lot of fun on the Brew Bus! We went on the "Local Pour Tour" and got to try a great variety of things!
My only complaint was we didn't really get to try a lot of stuff. It was a good variety, as we went to a brewery, a distillery, Kombucha tasting, and Meade tasting, but we just didn't get very much. I just expected a little more. (When we went to a brewery tour in Boston they were all about giving us plenty of samples!)
But our tour guides were great and if you had any questions they were very knowledgeable and it was a fun experience! It was a lot of fun meeting new people and hanging out with them on the tour, the atmosphere was great!
If there is another LivingSocial deal, I would love to try a different tour.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank ShelLC104
dwlittle, Manager at The Maine Brew Bus, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
So glad you had so much fun on our Local Pour tour! That one is carefully designed to show the wide variety of products we make here. Not just beer, but also mead, cider, alcoholic lemonade and ice tea, distilled spirits, and kombucha. By the end you received over 25 samples of different products, which is quite a lot of quantity and variety. If it was more beer you were looking for, we have several tour options that feature only local beer that we would love to have you join us on. Thanks again. Cheers!

Rochester, New York
“Excellent experience”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This was a wonderful way to experience the local culture - beer and people! The tour guides, Adam and Bob, were phenomenal! Their knowledge and charisma made this one of the best brew tours I've been on. I enjoyed seeing the small, just starting, brewery and comparing it to the more established ones. My only critique is that I wish we could have done more breweries. Overall, a great tour, in a great city, and well worth it; I recommend this to anyone.

dwlittle, Manager at The Maine Brew Bus, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Thank you so much for taking the tour with us, and for writing a review. We are very proud of our beer culture, and glad we could share it with you. We have well over a dozen breweries in our city limits, we can't possibly visit them all on one tour. But with our many different options for tours and breweries, you can check out some new places when you come back to Portland. Thanks again, and cheers!
Dracut, Massachusetts
“Great activity when in Portland”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My girlfriend and I went for my birthday in May. We did the Beast of the yEast Tour. It was a great time. The guides were fantastic, everyone on the tour was a lot of fun. The stops on the tour were great, good beer, mead and kimbucha and a lot of good information. Great atmosphere and a lot of fun. Would love to try some of the other tours when back in Portland.

dwlittle, Manager at The Maine Brew Bus, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience on one of more popular tours. And your TripAdvisor review was our 100th in just under one year, nice work! The Beast of the yEast tour has lots of variety with all the different stops, and now you know much more about kombucha. We look forward to welcoming you aboard when you visit Portland again. Cheers!
“Excellent Adventure!”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

For Christmas last year, I got my dad tickets for the Maine Brew Bus. He is a beer lover and history buff, and it was SO much fun to be carted around Portland to learn about the breweries and other cool pieces of Portland's history. It was well worth the price and we plan to take a friend in August! Our tour guides, Don & Adam, were friendly and knowledgeable and made sure we had everything we needed. There were vintage lunch boxes on the bus with water and "scorecards" so we could keep track of where we'd been and what we'd tried. The pours were generous at each stop and we had a great time! Cheers!

Visited May 2014
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

dwlittle, Manager at The Maine Brew Bus, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Wow, you really took care of Dad on this one! Glad that you all enjoyed the aspects of Portland and our alcohol history (both good and bad). And the beer of course too! Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the tour, and we look forward to seeing you again later this summer. Cheers!
Scarborough, Maine
“My Christmas present in May”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Last Christmas my daughter and daughter in law gave me a trip on the Brew Bus as a present. Last weekend we took the tour. We had a ball. Our guide Don and our driver, Adam added to the experience. They were both entertaining and informative. I drank plenty. I learned more! If you are coming to Portland on vacation or if you are a native like I am, I strongly recommend spending an afternoon on the Brew Bus!

I already know what I want for Christmas this year!

dwlittle, Manager at The Maine Brew Bus, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
So glad that your Christmas present was the right size and color, and that it fit so nice! We enjoyed having you aboard, and glad that you were able to learn so much. We tell folks who live in the area that our tours are the best way to really learn about the growing Maine beer scene. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Maybe for a birthday present...Cheers!