“Pretentious Plus”
Review of Fore Street

Fore Street
Reserve with OpenTable
Fore Street is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 627 Restaurants in Portland
Chelmsford, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pretentious Plus”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

My husband and I were excited to try this restaurant, after all the hype it's been getting from various critics. We were greatly disappointed by the way we were treated- like cattle, with the attitude that we were lucky to be there! I don't even know if the food was good- I was so insulted, I didn't notice. Stop coasting on your reputation and appreciate the diner because that's what keeps you in business, not a pretentious atmosphere!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank DaveWendyP

Portland, Maine
“Fabulous dining in Portland!”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I returned here after a period of two years, can't imagine what took me so long to come back. This is a fantastic restaurant, reservations can usually be made in a timely manner (out of tourist season) The busyness of the restaurant just speaks to what a popular place it is. The food is spectacular, and our waiter was wonderful, very knowledgeable about the menu and very attentive and friendly. I love this place! I saw another review that the pork loin was dry and not tender, mine was outstanding. Very tender and juicy. The wine list is great, I would be surprised if you could pick a bad wine here. Even the bread served before the meal was some of the best I've ever had.

Bourne End, United Kingdom
“Nice night at Fore Street”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Nice atmosphere on the night we chose and in fact we were very lucky as we hadn't booked and as there was a big American Football game on the TV it was quiet by their standards and we got a table straight away. We had an excellent steak with a red wine jus which was just what we wanted after having over-indulged with lobster whilst staying in Bar Harbor. Good waiting staff and although not cheap a really good restaurant in Portland.

Visited October 2013
Hartford, Connecticut
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I have two tips: make a reservation and get there hungry! You'll want to eat everything on the menu. We certainly tried.

Durham, North Carolina
“Excellent, fresh, creative dishes!”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Reservations recommended - happening place. We were able to get a seat at the bar after a 45 minute wait as a walk in. It was well worth the wait! Fresh black sea bass stuffed with their "signature stuffing", filleted table side by their professional, friendly staff was the best fish ever. Hanger steak also delicious! The restaurant is beautiful with natural brick, wood beam ceilings, and beautiful fixtures. Menu changes a bit depending on what ingredients are available each day - looking forward to a new experience next time!