“Delicious!”

Fore Street Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Fore Street Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 605 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Franklin and Pearl
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We made reservations about 2 days in advance due to knowing it is usually booked out. I have eaten here a couple times. I've never been disappointed! I ordered the ravioli stuffed with goat cheese. I also got the cheese cauliflower on the side. And last but not least, something that you can never leave out.... dessert. It consisted of a chocolate blueberry mousse and vanilla bean ice cream. It was to die for! I went home more than stuffed. One thing that I would request if you do decide to go, bring a huge appetite!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,971)

Reviewed 7 November 2013

This is an excellent restaurant . Only caution I would say is bring your appetite. We just walked in around 7:30pm, and got a seat. We shared oysters first and they were delicious. My wife was not as hungry so ordered an appetizer in fettuccine ...I had the pork loin and it was a huge chop. You have to order your veggies separately and they are BIG portions. The table next to me had fingerling roasted potatoes and I knew I could not eat that many so I had Brussels sprouts and summer squash...could not finish any of it but the entire meal...DELICIOUS! Also the fresh baked bread from the bakery downstairs was super. Our waiter...a very pleasant older(but younger than me) was knowledgeable and quite helpful. By the way this was our second time at this restaurant .
Note: this place is not the cheapest but great for a romantic dinner out

Reviewed 3 November 2013

We had tried getting a reservation from the west coast before we left on our vacation but no availability. To our glee we walked up on a Sunday evening and got a table for two! The staff was VERY friendly and helpful. Kitchen will blow your sox off. Menu was creative and challenging when it came time to make a decision. We started with the Little Neck Clams - wow!
I can still taste them - yum.
The rest of the meal was very tasty and our server was really helpful. YES we would return.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

My husband and I were excited to try this restaurant, after all the hype it's been getting from various critics. We were greatly disappointed by the way we were treated- like cattle, with the attitude that we were lucky to be there! I don't even know if the food was good- I was so insulted, I didn't notice. Stop coasting on your reputation and appreciate the diner because that's what keeps you in business, not a pretentious atmosphere!

1  Thank DaveWendyP
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I returned here after a period of two years, can't imagine what took me so long to come back. This is a fantastic restaurant, reservations can usually be made in a timely manner (out of tourist season) The busyness of the restaurant just speaks to what a popular place it is. The food is spectacular, and our waiter was wonderful, very knowledgeable about the menu and very attentive and friendly. I love this place! I saw another review that the pork loin was dry and not tender, mine was outstanding. Very tender and juicy. The wine list is great, I would be surprised if you could pick a bad wine here. Even the bread served before the meal was some of the best I've ever had.