“Horrible and rude service, but good food.”
Review of Fore Street

Fore Street
Reserve with OpenTable
Fore Street is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 626 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Franklin and Pearl
“Horrible and rude service, but good food.”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Employees were rude, food was overpriced, but decent, portions were tiny.....won't return.

Did I mention staff was rude.

1 Thank ravot22

Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“A great spot”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

My husband and I have been coming to Portland for years and always make a reservation at either Fore Street or Street and Company (sister restaurants) for years. Tonight it was Fore Street. What a treat. The service is excellent, the food even better. The staff is friendly and efficient. Our food, while excellent, arrived piping hot and delicious. I seldom order desert, but creme brûlée is one of my favorites so I ordered that. As a rule, creme brûlée is overcooked This was absolutely perfect. Creamy and wonderful. We have been so impressed that Portland is such a foody town. Every time we come we are delighted at the quality and pride the locals take in their food. Always a pleasure. If you come to Portland in the summer, both Street and Company and Core Street will take reservations 60 days in advance. Be warned, you really need a reservation and it's really worth it.

Pittsburgh
“Would love to return!”
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

After a long day, our crew was looking for a place to get a bite of food, and we found Fore Street. We thought there would be a long wait, but we ended up walking right into the dining room. This restaurant has the right idea because they keep a significant portion of the restaurant as walk ins making the experience available to many.

The food and atmosphere was amazing. Definitely recommend!

Portland, Maine
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious!”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We made reservations about 2 days in advance due to knowing it is usually booked out. I have eaten here a couple times. I've never been disappointed! I ordered the ravioli stuffed with goat cheese. I also got the cheese cauliflower on the side. And last but not least, something that you can never leave out.... dessert. It consisted of a chocolate blueberry mousse and vanilla bean ice cream. It was to die for! I went home more than stuffed. One thing that I would request if you do decide to go, bring a huge appetite!

• Visited September 2013
North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
“Just as everybody says...excellent place to eat”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

This is an excellent restaurant . Only caution I would say is bring your appetite. We just walked in around 7:30pm, and got a seat. We shared oysters first and they were delicious. My wife was not as hungry so ordered an appetizer in fettuccine ...I had the pork loin and it was a huge chop. You have to order your veggies separately and they are BIG portions. The table next to me had fingerling roasted potatoes and I knew I could not eat that many so I had Brussels sprouts and summer squash...could not finish any of it but the entire meal...DELICIOUS! Also the fresh baked bread from the bakery downstairs was super. Our waiter...a very pleasant older(but younger than me) was knowledgeable and quite helpful. By the way this was our second time at this restaurant .
Note: this place is not the cheapest but great for a romantic dinner out