“Good Mexican”

Margaritas Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #379 of 642 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Description: Authentically delicious food and drinks made fresh to order daily. Art and furnishings handcrafted in Mexico. For family, friends and community, the fiesta starts here. It's like being in Mexico without getting on a plane.
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I've been many times before, this time my sister and I went for Happy Hour on a quiet weekday. We visited the Brown Street location, downtown Portland, ME. I don't see a separate listing for them here. We arrived and were promptly seated in the lounge. Our waiter was friendly, knowledgeable and expedient. He tended to do some selling, but was not pushy. This is likely what the staff are trained to do, I'm guessing. For about $30- we enjoyed 2 traditional margaritas each, a small plate of basic nachos (which were just enough) plus baby chimis and taquitos, also offered at cheap happy hour prices. Everything was great, including our nice booth tucked away in a corner, and the overall atmosphere of the restaurant. I will, of course, return, as I like both locations, and I can walk easily to both.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

It was late after a full day of travelllng from Florida when our friends brought us to the restaurant. What a charming atmosphere, we thought we were back in Old Town, San Diego! There are a variety of margaritas; we stayed traditional. It was ok. Our guest had the Sunset Margarita but did not like it. Our waitress was a little quirky but efficient. The salsa was quite spicey; some restaurants give a choice. My partner and I had the taster platter. It was good. Another guest had the salad served in the decorative shell. All in all, it was a fun evening. A little Mexican music in the background might add to the ambience.

Reviewed 8 February 2013

Perfect for after work :) A wide selection of alcoholic beverages that I would recommend over the food which is just so-so. Definitely not worth just going out to dinner here in my opinion.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

This place has never impressed me, but the last time I went I ordered some type of chicken tacos... inedible. Seriously, embarrassing. ZERO flavor. Just awful.

Reviewed 22 November 2012

I go to Margaritas quite often for Excellent Mexican dining. The service there is average at its very best. But the food trumps the service so I go back.